Slysz Bowie - for those wondering

The Sebenza is a nice knife and high quality but overall pretty disappointing. If this thing is around the same quality it will be worth the price.

The Sebenza is a nice knife and high quality but overall pretty disappointing. If this thing is around the same quality it will be worth the price.

It won't be. Per Sal they don't try for the same quality as CRK Knives

If you're disappointed in the Sebenza, you're in the minority and production quality can't really get anywhere close to a good mid-tech maker (like CRK), but if any production facility came close, it would be Spyderco's Taiwan manufacturing facility.

If you're disappointed in the Sebenza, you're in the minority and production quality can't really get anywhere close to a good mid-tech maker (like CRK), but if any production facility came close, it would be Spyderco's Taiwan manufacturing facility.

I was disappointed in the knife as a whole. But I can appreciate the quality of the knife. I should have been more clear. I meant if the Spyderco is near the same quality at ballpark used Sebenza prices ($250-300) it would be worth picking up for me. But I am hoping for the Southard price range.

I was disappointed in the knife as a whole. But I can appreciate the quality of the knife. I should have been more clear. I meant if the Spyderco is near the same quality at ballpark used Sebenza prices ($250-300) it would be worth picking up for me. But I am hoping for the Southard price range.

I'm hoping for the exact same thing, man.

Want this one although I'm not a big fan of large knife.
Just want to get a sibling to my much loved techno :D
Hope it's less than $250.

I agree that Taiwan Spyderco's quality is just stellar.
I prefer Taiwan Spydie than US. Sorry guys.

The Techo has a blue backspacer and I see that this one has a green backspacer.

I'm looking forward to the Bowie. I'm also looking forward to after-market standoffs to replace that backspacer.

So excited for this. Anyone have an idea of pricing yet? Can we really expect this one in the next month or so?

Slysz Bowie MSRP is $499.95 and Howes Knife Shop has it for $294.97 (41% off MSRP which is normal).

Techno by Slysz has a MSRP of $319.95 but sells for about 50% off MSRP (about $160) now since it has been out for a long time.

Same blade steel and titanium frame lock.

Last edited:
National is listing it at $280 which is well out of my price range for this one. The K2, also made in Taichung is listed at $225 and a much larger titanium framelock with 3V steel compared to XHP. Go figure.

10V. But yes, the price difference is interesting considering the ingredients. I'm sure there is a good reason for it, and it doesn't deter me in the slightest.

The spine work such as it being rounded and the Sebenza like jimping probably added to the cost. At that price though I would have wanted CTS204P. Looking at how much the Techno and Southard goes for, I was hoping for $200, $225 at the most. I was wrong, these must really be higher end than those models to justify that MSRP.

Funny - I thought the Bowie would end up being one of the few knives I have two of, and the K2 would be a knife I'd get eventually, but only after waiting for the prices to come down to a point where I feel I am getting the best deal possible. Now it may end up being the other way around.

I'll be paying close attention to the blade:handle ratio and early reviews of the F&F on the Bowie before pulling the trigger.

I'll be paying close attention to the blade:handle ratio and early reviews of the F&F on the Bowie before pulling the trigger.

As will many, I'm sure. Spyderco has definitely written a check with the MSRP that the F&F and overall feel will have to cash, as this one lacks the "on paper" stats of other cheaper offerings. I'm sure they'll come through though, and this may be one of my more anticipated purchases ever. Can't wait to see them in the wild!

10V. But yes, the price difference is interesting considering the ingredients. I'm sure there is a good reason for it, and it doesn't deter me in the slightest.
Yeah, brain fart on the 10V. Had just looked at GPK to see the specs right before posting and still whiffed on it. Oops.

Oh screw it - I went ahead and ordered one with the K2 for a combined total of $505. No self control :rolleyes:

In my defense, I did check the blade to handle ratio first - it's good.

Back