Slysz Bowie... just couple of additional shots

I think it looks better like this :

ynAwaLL.jpg

My guess would be about $250 street. The only thing to keep in mind is that this is the affordable grail knife. The next step up from Spyderco's Taichung offerings are the actual custom knives. I personally feel that the Taichung offerings are on par with the mid-tech versions of custom knives/makers and those are typically in the $400-600 range; while Spyderco is able to achieve this under $300. I'm lucky enough to have Bladehq about 20 min from me, so I can get any production knife in hand before putting down the cash.
Well said! When Spyderco offers a Taichung mid-tech knife, you know, it's going to be as close to a custom, as it gets.

$250? Good thing it's just a guess. Let's not give Spyderco that idea. Let's push for closer to $200. Techno is very similar and it is $160. Remember, size doesnt equal (much) less cost and it's by the same custom maker so the royalties should be similar. Southard has an IKBS, flipper, and unique overtravel stop and its $225 from the popular dealers.

Hi Hoimin and Masked Ferret,

Welcome to our forum.

Thanx for the pics Piter. And thanx much for bringing us the design. (Piter also brought the Techno design to us).

Interesting flop on the pic, Ferret.

The model is not yet tooled. So it will be a while. Price will depend on cost, We maintain stable margins.

It looks like his style of design is appreciated.

sal

Sal, thank you! Well, guess what, Blade is just in 3 months... ;)

BTW, the Bowie folder is my favorite design from Marcin!

Last edited:
One of the sweetest designs on a production folder i have seen in a while would definitely add this model to the collection.

OHHHH That's my grail. It's as if Chris Reeves designed a techno. It's beautiful and perfect in every way for me. I haven't been this excited about a knife in a long time. Hurry up Sal. DZLVS8 needs this asap.

The model is not yet tooled. So it will be a while. Price will depend on cost, We maintain stable margins.

It looks like his style of design is appreciated.

sal

Thanks for the update. I'll let my dealer know it will be a while before she can get me one :D

Piter, would you mind if I posted these photos on another forum? thank you. :)

I've always wanted CRK to make a medium sized Sebenza about the size of this one.
They never will, but this one will fill that void well IMO.
I also prefer the Spyderco wire clip over any other, so I'll definitely be wanting one of these is the price is right.

I wish. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I've wanted a dedicated lefty knife smaller than my lefty military. This one would be amazing

I would even buy multiples if there were left hand versions. The inverted pic gives a taste of what could be...

$250? Good thing it's just a guess. Let's not give Spyderco that idea. Let's push for closer to $200. Techno is very similar and it is $160. Remember, size doesnt equal (much) less cost and it's by the same custom maker so the royalties should be similar. Southard has an IKBS, flipper, and unique overtravel stop and its $225 from the popular dealers.

Southard does not use IKBS, it has caged bearings. IKBS are loose. I agree though price should come in between the Southard and Techno. Just speculation of course. This is a must have.

I've been wondering about this type of frame lock..... Any good for left handed Spyderco fans like myself?:confused:

I wish. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I've wanted a dedicated lefty knife smaller than my lefty military. This one would be amazing

I would even buy multiples if there were left hand versions. The inverted pic gives a taste of what could be...

I myself have two lefty Militaries. Needless to say I would also pick this up if it were to happen.

What is the blade length, any exact numbers yet?

Regardless I will own one......... or three!

I've always wanted CRK to make a medium sized Sebenza about the size of this one.
They never will, but this one will fill that void well IMO.
I also prefer the Spyderco wire clip over any other, so I'll definitely be wanting one of these is the price is right.
I agree with all of this.

Back