1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Slysz Bowie... just couple of additional shots

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by PiterM, Mar 13, 2014.

1. maskedferret

maskedferret

Apr 28, 2006
    I think it looks better like this :

[​IMG]

2. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Well said! When Spyderco offers a Taichung mid-tech knife, you know, it's going to be as close to a custom, as it gets.

3. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Haven't seen that one before...eek! I want that one too! :D

Great pic- where did it come from?

4. Stays Sharp

Stays Sharp

Nov 21, 2013
    $250? Good thing it's just a guess. Let's not give Spyderco that idea. Let's push for closer to $200. Techno is very similar and it is $160. Remember, size doesnt equal (much) less cost and it's by the same custom maker so the royalties should be similar. Southard has an IKBS, flipper, and unique overtravel stop and its $225 from the popular dealers.

5. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Hoimin and Masked Ferret,

Welcome to our forum.

Thanx for the pics Piter. And thanx much for bringing us the design. (Piter also brought the Techno design to us).

Interesting flop on the pic, Ferret.

The model is not yet tooled. So it will be a while. Price will depend on cost, We maintain stable margins.

It looks like his style of design is appreciated.

sal

6. PiterM

PiterM Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Sal, thank you! Well, guess what, Blade is just in 3 months... ;)

BTW, the Bowie folder is my favorite design from Marcin!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  7. Rare blade

Rare blade

Sep 21, 2013
    One of the sweetest designs on a production folder i have seen in a while would definitely add this model to the collection.

8. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Say it ain't so!

9. dzlvs8

dzlvs8 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 13, 2013
    OHHHH That's my grail. It's as if Chris Reeves designed a techno. It's beautiful and perfect in every way for me. I haven't been this excited about a knife in a long time. Hurry up Sal. DZLVS8 needs this asap.

10. NoFair

NoFair

Jun 30, 2006
    Thanks for the update. I'll let my dealer know it will be a while before she can get me one :D

11. 9blades

9blades

Dec 29, 2012
    Piter, would you mind if I posted these photos on another forum? thank you. :)

12. PiterM

PiterM Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Be my guest! (Please just give the credits)

13. 9blades

9blades

Dec 29, 2012
    Will do! Credits to PiterM or another name? :)

14. Ken44

Ken44

Jun 29, 2005
    I've always wanted CRK to make a medium sized Sebenza about the size of this one.
    They never will, but this one will fill that void well IMO.
    I also prefer the Spyderco wire clip over any other, so I'll definitely be wanting one of these is the price is right.

15. Fanglekai

Fanglekai

Jan 7, 2007
    I wish. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I've wanted a dedicated lefty knife smaller than my lefty military. This one would be amazing

16. feuerizer

feuerizer

Nov 9, 2013
    I would even buy multiples if there were left hand versions. The inverted pic gives a taste of what could be...

17. xICEMANx

xICEMANx Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Southard does not use IKBS, it has caged bearings. IKBS are loose. I agree though price should come in between the Southard and Techno. Just speculation of course. This is a must have.

18. maskedferret

maskedferret

Apr 28, 2006
    I myself have two lefty Militaries. Needless to say I would also pick this up if it were to happen.

19. atony

atony Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2008
    What is the blade length, any exact numbers yet?

Regardless I will own one......... or three!

20. uofaengr

uofaengr

Jan 9, 2014
    I agree with all of this.