Slysz Bowie

I picked one up for cheap and thought it was one of the finer knives that Spyderco has put out in terms of overall quality. It is a joy to hold and use. However, I let it go because I needed to fund a CF/M390 Millie.

Honestly, I'll buy another at some point. It's really quite an awesome knife that slices well, fits my medium hands perfectly, and carries like a dream.

I suppose I should add some pics, seeing as how it's pretty much my favorite pocket knife ever!

In its home state, partway up Pike's Peak:

I needed a trainer for it of course...

Helping cut up breakfast for my parrot with that incredibly well ground blade.

Blade man! What great pics!!! I was starting to feel lonely spamming this thread with mine :eek:

I am jealous of that trainer!

j7YeiTh.jpg

Qy82ORP.jpg

Great looking knife. I may have to pick one up sometime. Spyderco Ti frame locks tickle my fancy.

How come this knife sells for so much more than the Farid K2? A few of the big name knife stores have the K2 for $150, whereas the Slysz bowie is always way above 200. I really want a Slysz bowie. Ain't got that much money though!

How come this knife sells for so much more than the Farid K2? A few of the big name knife stores have the K2 for $150, whereas the Slysz bowie is always way above 200. I really want a Slysz bowie. Ain't got that much money though!

I am guessing from recent posts that the Farid K2 is slated for discontinuation, or there is a glut of inventory due to poor sales and that is why there are currently liquidation pricing being offered right now. I just ordered a K2 and took advantage of the great prices. Also the titanium scales on the Slysz Bowie are radiused. grinding titanium is a time consuming and difficult process. (Read expensive)

Grizz

The slysz is very appealing to me, but it is 100$ too expensive .... If I can find one in the range of 200$ I will take it

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Arguably my favorite knife of all time. Didn't think it was worth the money until I had it... Now I know its worth more to me than any other knife.

26368138521_b77eb506b6_h.jpg

26447766750_2b3423f790_h.jpg

27357126170_3133cc7501_h.jpg

28182142192_41a8e0a696_h.jpg

Last edited:
Arguably my favorite knife of all time. Didn't think it was worth the money until I had it... Now I know its worth more to me than any other knife.

26368138521_b77eb506b6_h.jpg

26447766750_2b3423f790_h.jpg

27357126170_3133cc7501_h.jpg

28182142192_41a8e0a696_h.jpg

Dude awesome pics! My absolute favorite too. TBH it kind of mortally wounded the hobby for me.

Dude awesome pics! My absolute favorite too. TBH it kind of mortally wounded the hobby for me.

Yeah I can relate to that. It's one of 5 modern folders that I still own, all spydies. I think I've kind of hit the epitome of my collection, and can't bring myself to buy anything else. The Slysz Bowie is definitely the star of these 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I can relate to that. It's one of 5 modern folders that I still own, all spydies. I think I've kind of hit the epitome of my collection, and can't bring myself to buy anything else. The Slysz Bowie is definitely the star of these 5.

Yup that's how I feel. I've acquired different knives since the Bowie...but I always come back to the Bowie... :D

Wow the Rock pattern looks awesome! Whats the little fixie? WANT!

That's one by Long Dog Forge. I no longer own the knife (gave it away as a gift), but the maker is super talented. I recommend his knives highly!

Back