Slysz Bowie

grILrMA.jpg

The only way to make a Slysz Bowie look better: sitting on a pair of iron rangers [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CTS-XHP blade is a real nice design and a superb blade-steel. It is a 0.137" blade-stock flat-ground to 1/8", and 0.020" behind the edge, which explains the great slicing reputation.
I think that the titanium scales are a bit slippery. There are other finishing methods to titanium scales which offer a better grip, although this is obviously subject to opinion...
Great knife...probably the best Spyderco in my experience.

I am guessing from recent posts that the Farid K2 is slated for discontinuation, or there is a glut of inventory due to poor sales and that is why there are currently liquidation pricing being offered right now. I just ordered a K2 and took advantage of the great prices. Also the titanium scales on the Slysz Bowie are radiused. grinding titanium is a time consuming and difficult process. (Read expensive)

Grizz
I am guessing the slow sales of the K2 (resulting discontinued status) relate to the over 4" blade length being over legal limit in many countries and city jurisdictions.

Research has shown me that over 4", typically classifies as more than just a knife/tool (effectively deadly weapon, etc., etc.).

Seattle Municipality Codes example anything over 3.5". Other areas of my state vary between 3" & 4" blade length, but all 4" or less. Over and a knife becomes more than a tool (effectively classifies as a weapon resulting in significant classification status, many times even higher than a firearm from a legal perspective).

Excerpt from Muni Code example:
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc155/ChrisOBucket/Knives/SEA Muni Knife Code.png

Regards,

Last edited:
Oh, what a cute little knife! It looks like my K2 got knocked and had a baby. /ikid,ikid

So I've been desperately wanting a Spydiechef but can't afford it right now (turns out that becoming a dad is really expensive). To deal with the Spydiechef itch I've been carrying my Bowie more and more.

I know some folks love the Spyderco wire clip but I'm not a huge fan. I like the functionality of it but mine keeps getting bent out of shape and it moves around too much for me.

Instead, I've found that a clipless bowie is a perfect fit in my north woods pocket slip. It's a great way to carry! Just thought I'd share.

b5190b3e95c3ab636633c206da4db2c8.jpg

0b60317f2ac9e08b60cf9d669c3a2acb.jpg
05e3210932e5bc72c620236934ea4d57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back