Slysz Bowie

Just put on 15 dps on her, bevel is so slim! That means she is thin behind the edge and screaming sharp :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've been desperately wanting a Spydiechef but can't afford it right now (turns out that becoming a dad is really expensive). To deal with the Spydiechef itch I've been carrying my Bowie more and more.

I know some folks love the Spyderco wire clip but I'm not a huge fan. I like the functionality of it but mine keeps getting bent out of shape and it moves around too much for me.

Instead, I've found that a clipless bowie is a perfect fit in my north woods pocket slip. It's a great way to carry! Just thought I'd share.

b5190b3e95c3ab636633c206da4db2c8.jpg

0b60317f2ac9e08b60cf9d669c3a2acb.jpg
05e3210932e5bc72c620236934ea4d57.jpg

Have you seen the RGT replacement clip for the wire clip? It fits the Bowie.

16443759_10154106644200684_1521755223_o_grande.jpg

I just picked up a used Slysz Bowie the other day locally for a good deal. I love it so far. I took it apart, cleaned and lubed it, back together and it is super smooth. Love it. It just somehow feels smaller than it is.
7AkaSqU.jpg

aznDEiu.jpg

I'm waiting on one right now. Considering bringing the big belly down a little.

Congrats on the inbound! My belly has been flattened after many sharpenings. I definetly like it more as the belly lessens :thumbup:

Such an upsweep towards the tip is the only thing I can see or have learned about the knife that I don't like.

I've altered tips on "cheaper" knives no problem but I don't think I want to risk it with this.

I really need to pony up and get one already.

Such an upsweep towards the tip is the only thing I can see or have learned about the knife that I don't like.

I've altered tips on "cheaper" knives no problem but I don't think I want to risk it with this.

I really need to pony up and get one already.

Yes oh do!

I just picked up a used Slysz Bowie the other day ...
Love it. It just somehow feels smaller than it is.

Agree with you ^^

I think my perception is based on multiple years of carry with PM2, replaced with SB (Slysz Bowie) testing daily carry/use for last few months. With the blade lengths being ~equal, the shorter handle of the SB misleads my mind. Handle length is actually boarder-line-short for my hand (close to ideal though).

A larger SB (handle & blade) would be a winner in my hand/pocket). For years I have wished/asked for a longer blade inside PM2 handle (I must be part of the minority who prefers longer blades). A 3.7" + bladed SB would be a winner in my mind ;-)

I seriously appreciate the thin grind (TBE) of both my SB & K2 !!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Agree with you ^^

I think my perception is based on multiple years of carry with PM2, replaced with SB (Slysz Bowie) testing daily carry/use for last few months. With the blade lengths being ~equal, the shorter handle of the SB misleads my mind. Handle length is actually boarder-line-short for my hand (close to ideal though).

A larger SB (handle & blade) would be a winner in my hand/pocket). For years I have wished/asked for a longer blade inside PM2 handle (I must be part of the minority who prefers longer blades). A 3.7" + bladed SB would be a winner in my mind ;-)

I seriously appreciate the thin grind (TBE) of both my SB & K2 !!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Yes! Slysz Bowie XL! :D

My comments relate to what I would term a Large Slysz Bowie (not XL). To me XL generally would mean over 4" blade length, which is over legal carry length in many jurisdictions.

While I would enjoy an XL SB, I think it would be much better rcv'd in a 3.7" - 4" Large version.

The Manix 2 XL is under 4 inches... I don't think an XL Spydie is automatically 4 inches +...

3.8"... right in your sweet spot.

Show me more Slysz Bowie and Techno pics!!! I finally caved and ordered a Bowie and Techno, they will be here Monday. I don't know if I've ever been this excited in my entire life!! These two will probably be my end all edc pair, I feel bad for all my other spydies. I can't wait to have the complete Slysz collection, my Spydiechef can't wait to be with its brothers!

The Manix 2 XL is under 4 inches... I don't think an XL Spydie is automatically 4 inches +...

3.8"... right in your sweet spot.

I don't think anything is "automatically" anything. My "sweet spot" is 4.6", in a Millie sized handle or ~3.8" in a PM2 sized handle.
As stated above, I'd like an XL SB.

If mfr. produces an "XL SB" at 3.8", I would be disappointed (to me that's a medium or a ML folder, like the Manix XL you referenced).

I don't think anything is "automatically" anything. My "sweet spot" is 4.6", in a Millie sized handle or ~3.8" in a PM2 sized handle.
As stated above, I'd like an XL SB.

If mfr. produces an "XL SB" at 3.8", I would be disappointed (to me that's a medium or a ML folder, like the Manix XL you referenced).

I'm confused. I was under the impression you did want a 3.8" SB...
While I would enjoy an XL SB, I think it would be much better rcv'd in a 3.7" - 4" Large version.

Show me more Slysz Bowie and Techno pics!!! I finally caved and ordered a Bowie and Techno, they will be here Monday. I don't know if I've ever been this excited in my entire life!! These two will probably be my end all edc pair, I feel bad for all my other spydies. I can't wait to have the complete Slysz collection, my Spydiechef can't wait to be with its brothers!
t6b7n7.jpg

29wkfmx.jpg

2ynmm43.jpg

2z8ohfd.jpg

2lvfwgg.jpg

Back