Slysz Bowie

I'm confused. I was under the impression you did want a 3.8" SB...

I think that if you read my comments in context, you would understand that I would like BOTH a Large and XL version of the SB. Each with handles commensurate to the blade length (the current SB handle I find to be a tad on the short side for my hand in use).

I believe you are misinterpreting my reference in your quote taken out of context "While I would enjoy an XL SB, I think it would be much better rcv'd in a 3.7" - 4" Large version." Better rcv'd ... meaning by the general knife community, because as I stated above generally folding knives with over 4" blades do not sell well - for reasons I mentioned and others.

With regard to the semantics of sizing (small, medium, large, XL), my comments here are relative to the two knives we are discussing (SB & K2 and more specifically the SB, the subject of the OP). One might call the K2 an XL sized folder (Farid it's the norm for the K2 model), and therefore a SB sized version would be small or mini (reference the thread link in my previous post to a smaller K2). So if on the other hand you approach the size consideration from SB perspective being the norm (normal size), then a 3.8" and 4+" versions would be L and XL.

Hope this helps your confusion,

This knife is very reasonably priced compared to anything else that competes with it. Considering this to be an all purpose Gentleman folder that can do it all.

Man I wish this knife was made in Golden, CO. I just can't get myself to spend that kind of money on a knife not made in America. However, I'm starting to crumble every time I see a pic of the Slysz Bowie or read a review.

Man I wish this knife was made in Golden, CO. I just can't get myself to spend that kind of money on a knife not made in America. However, I'm starting to crumble every time I see a pic of the Slysz Bowie or read a review.

Have you ever experienced a Tai Chung Spyderco? They are above and beyond. Do a little research here and you will find nothing but praise for their superb craftsmanship.

Overall , I prefer my knives to be American made too. Then I listened to the recommendations of numerous members and tried a Tai Chung. Low and behold , they were right.

All I'm saying is don't limit yourself. You're going to miss out on some outstanding knives.

Have you ever experienced a Tai Chung Spyderco? They are above and beyond. Do a little research here and you will find nothing but praise for their superb craftsmanship.

Overall , I prefer my knives to be American made too. Then I listened to the recommendations of numerous members and tried a Tai Chung. Low and behold , they were right.

All I'm saying is don't limit yourself. You're going to miss out on some outstanding knives.

Thanks for the reply Wolverine666. I'm not questioning the quality of the TaiChung knives at all. I own a Spyderco Vallotton and love it. My thought process is do I spend $300 for a knife made in Taiwan or do I spend an extra $100 and get an American made knife like a Sebenza? My patriotism sometimes gets in the way of rational decision making.

Last edited:
My Bowie is smoother then my friends Sebenza...IMHO, I'll probably never buy a Sebenza because I am absolutely in love with the Bowie. It really is that nice..and it's still made with American steel..

Alright, you guys convinced me. I'm gonna order one this week. I'll post my thoughts when I get it. Now the wait begins....

Thanks for the reply Wolverine666. I'm not questioning the quality of the TaiChung knives at all. I own a Spyderco Vallotton and love it. My thought process is do I spend $300 for a knife made in Taiwan or do I spend an extra $100 and get an American made knife like a Sebenza? My patriotism sometimes gets in the way of rational decision making.

I feel the same as you . Will I spend $300 on the Bowie made in Taiwan or do I get the ZT 0850 that's made in USA . I'm not knocking spyderco Taiwan made knives I have a few of them and I think they are the best bang for the money I just don't think the Bowie is a worth $300 knife when you can have knives like the ZT 0850 . So I went with the 0850 .

I picked one of these up back in March. Up to this point the nicest knife I had ever owned was a Spyderco Southard. I wanted to buy a really nice knife. I originally wanted a sebenza until I got my hands on one. The large was too large and the small was too small.

Enter the Slysz Bowie. I am so impressed by this knife. It is so smooth and it is the perfect size knife for me.

I love the pocket clip and the finish on the blade is beautiful. This is probably the nicest knife I will ever own and it is worth every penny I paid for it.

Back