Small Gent's knives

I always enjoy seeing your knives Charles. I would just love to see them all, I bet close inspection would reveal that you have amassed a truly wonderful collection.

Chris

I recall that this knife was around the 3 1/2" mark so perhaps it's edging out of the range of "small" for the style. Anyway, it's the only custom I ever had in that kind of pattern so I thought I'd toss it in the mix.

Ohta 8
by Nate E, on Flickr

Ohta 6
by Nate E, on Flickr

I like those Dunlaps very much Charles. The shadow version with damascus blade looks particularly nice to me.

Charles,

It's always a treat to see the knives you have so carefully selected. I admire your focus on specific patterns, covers, and/or themes, and we all benefit from your exquisite taste in cutlery.

Thank you!

~ P.

Thanks for the comments. Nate I like that OHTA, thanks for posting it. Here is a CF version Jim made for me.

dunlapcarbonfiber1.jpg

Those are some sweet Wharncliffe trappers you have there, Charles. Here's my one special piece, made by Doc Hagen.

Scott

I am pretty sure this one will qualify as a Small Gents Knife :D

I am proud to say, courtesy of my friend here on the Porch, Mark :)

19409851816_ccaec016c5_b.jpg

Ron and Scott those are some very nice knives. Thanks for posting.
Charles

Charles, I always enjoy seeing those wonderful little knives, so perfectly photographed by John.

These little Ohta's have been posted many times on this sub forum but I wanted to add them to your thread. The largest one, with the drop point, is right at 3".

DSC05992.jpg

DSC05991.jpg

Last edited:
Gary those are some stunning OHTA pieces. His stag is truly eye popping. Thanks for posting.

Here is a small gent's size knife with a teardrop shape, but a wharncliffe blade by Dan Burke. Covers are red lip abalone, knife is 2 7/8" closed.

burkeabalone4.jpg

burkeabalone2.jpg

Charles

I don't ever get tired of seeing your Ohtas, Gary! That Dan Burke knife is a knockout. Along with Joel Chamblin, Dan Burke doesn't get near enough credit for his work.

I don't ever get tired of seeing your Ohtas, Gary! That Dan Burke knife is a knockout. Along with Joel Chamblin, Dan Burke doesn't get near enough credit for his work.

Thanks, Mike.

That Burke is fine looking, Charles.

I agree with your statement, Mike. I don't have personal experience with Dan Burke's work but the few I have from Joel are as good as it gets.

Nice knives guys, first post makes me miss my 656 :( nice watch!

Here's one I had a while ago, made by Jim Serven, quite small but sweet little knife

serven1.jpg

G2

I am not all that small and as for being a Gent that is not for me to say, but i do believe this Northwoods Norfolk is a Gent's knife.

ttaBxr9l.jpg

Super thread, Charles shows more than a few masterpieces here:thumbup:

I hope these more modest types are not out of place....they're small, handy and can be gentlemanly - depending who's carrying them:D

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

Last edited:
Nice additions to this thread, please keep them coming. Here is a newer one Jim made in camel bone.
Charles

dunlapbonegents1.jpg

dunlapbonegents2.jpg

Back