Small hand tools you carry

Lots of capability there.
Yes sir it is, and it’s not difficult to manage. In my job most of the tool work is small tubing, hose and pipe fittings 1 inch and smaller and smaller bolts and screws. The markers are for writing down the settings or reference points on operator mechanisms both as found and dated left as so the next person knows what’s going on. When the bigger sized equipment needs work we bring out the big tools specifically made for the job along with more personal.

I'll be trying this " bicycle wrench " at work for a while, just dropped in my back pocket.

This one happens to be a Frank Mossberg Diamond no10 that was made in 1900-1901, but there are much later options out there.
I have a larger 10 inch " auto wrench " in the tool bag in my locker and have become quite fond of the F style adjustable, lots of capacity for it's size and multiple ways to use it.

I'll be trying this " bicycle wrench " at work for a while, just dropped in my back pocket.

This one happens to be a Frank Mossberg Diamond no10 that was made in 1900-1901, but there are much later options out there.
I have a larger 10 inch " auto wrench " in the tool bag in my locker and have become quite fond of the F style adjustable, lots of capacity for it's size and multiple ways to use it.

Ive got one of those also. I don’t have a use for it so will trade it off but it’s definitely a neat tool.

Ive got one of those also. I don’t have a use for it so will trade it off but it’s definitely a neat tool.
Mine has already come in handy a few times.

There are reasons this style of adjustable wrench fell out of favor, but they are still a useful tool that I'm not quick to write off.

Last edited:
I carry this screwdriver in my shirt pocket everyday. It's the size of a Sharpie which I also carry.

8488728-21.jpg

I just bought some small channellocks to try out for pocket carrying and already have a bunch of these handy remora pouches. The stubby phillips usually comes along with the pioneer x, but it’s not the greatest screwdriver to carry.

997EDEE2-2C54-47A9-B7BE-D87282317A71.jpeg

I just bought some small channellocks to try out for pocket carrying and already have a bunch of these handy remora pouches. The stubby phillips usually comes along with the pioneer x, but it’s not the greatest screwdriver to carry.

View attachment 1642265
I've been carrying a pair of #426 at work the past couple years and they have been great.

I've been carrying a pair of #426 at work the past couple years and they have been great.
We plumbers like our water pump pliers (most of us just call any brand of them channel locks). I haven’t used ones this small so we’ll see how it goes. These are definitely not meant to replace the larger channellocks I use at work, but they beat the heck out of leatherman pliers and are easy to carry in a pocket.

We plumbers like our water pump pliers (most of us just call any brand of them channel locks). I haven’t used ones this small so we’ll see how it goes. These are definitely not meant to replace the larger channellocks I use at work, but they beat the heck out of leatherman pliers and are easy to carry in a pocket.
They're certainly better then the smallest pair, the #424 which are are just ignition pliers.

I’ve been carrying channellock 426’s in my pocket for quite a while now, but after trying some larger knipex cobra’s at work I was impressed and had to try out the tiny edc pair of cobras, being the edc centric guy that I am. These will get well used and we’ll see just what they can and can’t do.

B4380B90-5DF6-4B0E-9C2C-EA3D1E13E58C.jpeg

I’ve been carrying channellock 426’s in my pocket for quite a while now, but after trying some larger knipex cobra’s at work I was impressed and had to try out the tiny edc pair of cobras, being the edc centric guy that I am. These will get well used and we’ll see just what they can and can’t do.

View attachment 1698031

Check out this thread:

Leatherman wave DONE
I'm talking about small regular hand tools here, ones that are made by tool manufactures.
A multitool is a hand tool yes, but theres a whole subforum dedicated to that stuff.

This is for things like the ubiquitous Craftsman 41421 1/4" pocket screwdriver, the classic 4" adjustable wrench, the mini Knipex pliers, bit ratchets...ect.
small pocketable versions of regular hand tools that may or may not be made with pocket carry in mind.

Back