Small Inkosi Sticky Lock Problem.

Hey guys, I think I may have a sticky lock on my Inkosi. You can hear the lock disengaging in the video, it's not smooth like it should be. I've had this knife for months, so it's definitely fully broken in. I've tried assembly and re-assembly many times. Can anyone tell me if my suspicion is unfortunately true and I'll have to send her back to the mothership to get it fixed?

https://imgur.com/a/sBax5nM

From your video, the lock looks quite deep, around 80-90%. Comparing with my 2014 sabenza and Umnumzaan both locks are around 50%. Ensure the whole area of the lock is clear of grease/oils/debris. This can affect the lock performance. You could still operate the lock with one hand and it doesn't look that bad IMO. Lastly, I would contact CRK CS if it is convenient too.

My 2¢ from the video:

From what I see the lock-up doesn’t look all that late. Later than some, sure. But too late? Probably not.

My small Inkosi doesn’t have lock stick per se, but if I pay attention there is a distinct change in resistance once the ball clears the lock face.

One of my Umnumzaan had some unpleasant stick when it was new. I think it was just a break in issue while the lock face became burnished and seated. I seem to recall it taking a while.

Yours doesn’t look completely jacked up, so maybe make sure the lock face is good & clean and give it a bit more time? If it’s a warranty issue now, it’ll still be one after another few weeks.

If it bothers you, send it in. I've got a couple 25's that have a little lock stick, but it doesn't bother me.

Back