Small Sebenza, Q’s on action & liner lock.

Two questions:
1: The action is poor. The two screw near the pivot cannot even be snug for it to operate. I’ve had a few knives like this and some locktite usually holds a loose screw.
Question is I don’t have any experience with CRK. My PM2 flicks open quicker than 1/2 a heartbeat and my Benchmade 940 has NO resistance...none. Hold axis lock and gravity will open or close...no resistance. What is the Sebenza like?

Sebenza will never function like the knives you mentioned.

Sounds like you have a pinched washer on it if it does not want to function with the screws not being tightened.

Have you googled CRKs video on assembly? Might help.

2nd Q: the frame lock or liner lock or w/e you call the release; sticks hard.
It needs a light filing to not stick. This lock release takes a strong thumb to break it loose from its position in order to close the blade.

Ad some graphite with a pencil. Don't file it.

Lastly. Send it to CRK.

Love the pictures of it.

i keep forgetting to swing through some local antique shops and pawn shops, this reminded me. Folks find some real nice stuff out there

What are we thinking? It will probably be another month until he gets it back. Or two.

He probably got it back, liked it so much that he kept it and went off the grid to live out the rest of his days with his trusty Sebenza by his side.

Back