Small Thermos

Yet RTIC is again selling their cups and coolers. Just as good performance as Yeti for a fraction of the price. Only the Yeti cultists need the Yeti logo.

And the ripoff/knockoff double standard still exists

And the ripoff/knockoff double standard still exists
Yeti sued RTIC, yet RTIC is still allowed to make, market, and sell their cups and coolers. Save your money. Buy RTIC for less dollars but equal performance.

There are many factors that affect purchasing decisions including quality, price, performance, and company philosophy; therefore, buy what YOU prefer. I like RTIC. I liked Yeti until they took an offensive position on my 2nd Amendment rights.

I wanted a small thermos to carry a cup of soup. I bought a 10 oz Thermos .This has a gasket on the top , easy to remove and clean. But the gasket on the upper edge of the bottom is apparently glued in . After first use I now have a gasket smelling of a spicy soup and not capable to clean.
Can you tell me a brand that can be cleaned and sanitized easily ?
As you want to carry just a cup of soup, I heartedly recommend the Aladdin 0.35 stainless steel insulated travel mug.
I bought one of these mugs in Camp Bastion years ago and its been used hard ever since.
Now dented and beat up from numerous travels and spills (no, not spills since it keeps every drop of fluid inside, if the lid is on properly) from having been dropped but it still holds liquids warm or cold for hours on end (claim is six hours. Ive got no reason to doubt that but rarely wait six hours before drinking from the mug when out and about).
The mug is easy to clean and has a compartment in the screw top lid for what ever.
Ill see, if I can dig out a pic …

Edit
In regards to the Yeti debacle; I dont know if one can compare knives to coolers and how different can you make for example a mug (so many look alike). I noticed some 32 oz. tumblers in WallyMart just before Christmas. The Ozark T tumbler was app $9.50. The YETI is several times that (I forget how much but its way more). Is the Yeti really several times better?

Last edited:
For a small thermos, I would look at Walmart Ozark Trail. I have one of their steel insulated cups (with lid) and it literally keeps things hot for hours which surprised me. So, how long do you need to keep your soup warm or hot before you consume it?

Yeti stuff is too expensive for me. I would be afraid to leave one of their coolers in the back of my truck if I wasn't within sight of the truck. Just not worth the hassle.

OP from May 2017
I hadnt noticed.
Not that it matters. Though thread necromancy is discouraged, a Super MOD has ruled, that:
"Resurrecting an old thread for the heck of it will earn a frown. Do it several times in a row because you want to be a buffoon, and it can get you a warning or beyond. BUT, resurrecting an old thread because you want to make a solid addition to it is fair game."

One could of course wonder in this case, whether its a solid addition … or a shill;)

1DAB7DB6-9498-40D9-BB2B-F4353C9F8643.jpeg I just ordered and received a Titanium small Thermos. To my dismay, it weighs more than the stainless Thermos and holds less content. It’s going back.

View attachment 1052009 I just ordered and received a Titanium small Thermos. To my dismay, it weighs more than the stainless Thermos and holds less content. It’s going back.
Titanium isnt always practical. I just like ti so much, that i keep buying ti gear.

For insulating purposes, it might be one of the worst materials to choose because of the heat conducting properties of ti .... or rather the lack there off.
That how ever didnt stop me from biying an insulated ti cup with a lid for camping/hiking.

I most often use the stainless mug mentioned in a prior post though.

Edit: I wish VARGO would make an insulated ti cup with a screw on lid in the style of the BOT (not for fire use obviously).

Last edited:
Back