Smallish fixed blade do-it-all knife

I'll plug forum makers again, JA Baker's S-Tac is IMO a perfect jack of all trades EDC fixed, 3.5" blade, 7.75 OAL, and a ton of options and price points.

IMG_0942.jpg

I don't know if it's the best option for you, but I have to suggest the Mini Micro Bowie from Himalayan Imports. They're beautiful, handmade in Nepal, and incredibly tough. They're also shockingly affordable - the one in this thread went for $85 : http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ial-Kobra-Kitchen-camp-Knife-and-Awesome-buys . For well under $300, you could get an MMB, a custom sheath, and checkering on the handle to improve the grip.

I often open carry a Battle Horse Nessmuk or mini bushcrafter around the city. The bushcraft style blade is just about the farthest thing from a black tackykewl military style assault knife there is, and it never gets a second glance.

My humble suggestion is that you look at BHK, LT Wright, or other bush crafty blades or even a good Finnish Puukko. They are often well under $200 and they well made tools that will do anything one needs a fixed blade knife to do, they are not flashy and do not draw unwanted attention.

Last edited:
Back