SMALLS (Traditionals only)

Yes jackknife, in fact these were referred to as change makers or takers. I also have an old metal, wooden and glass case that Imperial/Hammer Brand used throughout the 1950s and into the 60s. Also a counter piece that was to try and get your bit of change before leaving the store.

Those were everywhere in the 50's. Great collection Perry :thumbsup:

Thanks for the nice comment on the Henckels Jeff. I've had that knife for a while now. Jerry, thanks to you as well. The Rodgers is 3 1/8. If we both ever manage to make to Blade at the same time again I'll bring a few old knives for us to drop while we partake in the shimmering waters.

Thanks for the nice comment on the Henckels Jeff. I've had that knife for a while now. Jerry, thanks to you as well. The Rodgers is 3 1/8. If we both ever manage to make to Blade at the same time again I'll bring a few old knives for us to drop while we partake in the shimmering waters.

That's a beauty, I don't think I've seen one that small. It's been far too long since the days of shimmering waters. I'm running out of years. so sooner rather than later :D

Some small Sheffield knives, W. Mills & Son 3 1/8"
mills1.jpg

mills2.jpg

Silver Steel 2 3/16"
mopsilversteelwhittler1.jpg

mopsilversteelwhittler2.jpg

Some small Sheffield knives, W. Mills & Son 3 1/8"
mills1.jpg

mills2.jpg

Silver Steel 2 3/16"
mopsilversteelwhittler1.jpg

mopsilversteelwhittler2.jpg
Two fine Smalls Charles!!! Beautiful MOP! Looks like some file work on the 3 1/4, is that something that would be possible to show? Thanks, -James

Was focused on the beautiful MOP / black lip on those fine old pieces of chuko chuko and don't have additional pics of the file worked springs, sorry. MOP is so tough to shoot it captivates my attention when trying.

Here are a couple of Imperial Diamond-Edge brand, these are each 2-7/8" long, the handles are only about 5/16" tall and the overall width is less than 3/8". The craftsmanship on these ones are remarkable, especially to squeeze a stockman pattern into that small of frame :eek::thumbsup:

IMPNUT-1A.JPG IMPNUT-1B.JPG
IMPNUT-1C.JPG

Last edited:
I picked up this Bill Simons folder on a FB group I'm in. The only info I have is he's from Florida and the knife is #494 stamped inside the spring. Its 3 1/16" closed and as solid as anything I own. A real sweet 'gents' folder. If anyone is able to add anything. Please jump in.
IMG_3872.JPG

Back