SMALLS (Traditionals only)

9yb0rKu.jpg

Just to clarify, is this the "A.G. Russell Pinched Peanut with Wooly Mammoth Ivory Handle Scales" (RUS-JJ13-MI)?
That's the one. It's a great little knife. You won't be disappointed.

I do believe this is the rest of the small knives, but as mentioned earlier, they tend to disappear at times. I own, roughly, 60 folding knives; so as you can see (including my Peanuts picture) roughly half of my collection is sub-3.25 inches. They are by far my most carried knives, as well. I believe I only have 3 knives that are 4" or bigger.

20180530_194012_3.jpg

Will be keeping an eye on this thread

loads of lovely examples

I tend to only use/carry small knives, they handle all my needs and are so convenient

file.php

my collection started out with these two

expanded to these

p1010747-jpg.522518

and continues to expand - I'm even finding my most used fixed blades are relatively small

the BHK frontier first being a particular favourite

p1010752-jpg.542461

Am I missing something here or aren’t most of the knives posted here just regular sized slip joint? When I think of small I think of something like peanut or lobster. I know it is all relative but I’m just saying you know what I’m saying?

Am I missing something here or aren’t most of the knives posted here just regular sized slip joint? When I think of small I think of something like peanut or lobster. I know it is all relative but I’m just saying you know what I’m saying?

There are a few >3" that have slipped in but most seem to me under that

I think we've been good for the most part as C Corso points out in the next post. There does seem to be an ever increasing creep in the size a lot of us carry. I know that I'm guilty of that pleasure. Strange because in most other things I go by the adage that "good things come in small packages."

That really is a fine collection Travman Travman !!! Got a couple questions for ya, if you don't mind.
What model is the tomato acrylic?
What is that in the second pic, above the burlap 25 :confused: o_O ???
Thank you. The tomato acrylic is a #06 Pemberton. The knife above the Burlap 25 is another Pemberton with antique gold Jigged bone handles. Here a front side view.

707D9C15-493E-4F68-BC19-A838666A8F0E.jpeg

And here are few more that I really enjoy. 26 and 25 on a rainy day.
74EB0EB9-8F26-498C-A03D-5A54E40EEF2E.jpeg

Cola jigged bone #18 Beagle. 9C6BCFEC-62A1-4799-AB02-691F464430C2.jpeg

I absolutely adore that Cocobolo Pemberton. That is one heck of a beautiful knife.

Thank you Travman, The Pemberton's are special little knives for sure. You've got quite the envious selection yourself!!! Looking at yours is what got them on my radar in the first place.

I like those little Pemberton's. Wish they'd pop up more, I'd love to get my hands on one.

Like you said it's relative. Even a normal sized slipjoint is a small knife.

Back