SMALLS (Traditionals only)

1xs83sf.jpg

Three small stockmans. These are around 2.75" closed length. The frame on the Kabar is noticeably smaller.

The top knife is a Boker 8388 OTW (Off the Wall) knife. I don't know if Boker still does the OTW's or not. Off the Wall knives, as I understand it, were knives that were basically make out of spare, or odd lot, parts and sold at shows. They were not part of the catalog and weren't regular production. Its a very pretty knife, which is why I have it (ooh, its shiny :) ) and has half stops.

The Old Timer is a 108OT Junior Stockman. The tang stamp is ground off. These days, I'd suspect it was a Chinese one somebody wanted to pass off as USA made, but I bought this from a big knife store in the Smokies immediately after Schrade's bankruptcy in 2004. This was before Taylor bought the name and started production in China, so I know its a USA knife. It was wrapped in cellophane type plastic with a bar code on it. They had a whole table of Schrade's like this. I don't know if its a factory second or was thrown together out of the remaining parts as the factory was closing down. In any event its a nice knife, but then I'm partial to Schrade's sawcut delrin, carbon bladed, Old Timers.

The Kabar 1071 has seen a lot of use. Sometime in the late eighties I think it was, I lost my Schrade. Dad asked what I wanted for Christmas and I told him a new pocket knife. I was mostly working in an office at the time and told him I wanted a small one that would carry nicely in slacks. He got me this Kabar. It was my daily carry for probably 10 years. It was the first knife I carried that long without losing :rolleyes: Its been through the washing machine I don't know how many times :eek: Great knife. Will never be for sale :thumbsup: :)

Small Stockmans 1.JPG Small Stockmans 2.JPG Small Stockmans 3.JPG Small Stockmans 4.JPG

Schrade peanuts. From left to right:
HO12, single blade, maroon Heritage;
12UH Uncle Henry single blade, staglon, Ducks Unlimited;
12OT, single blade, Pal;
72OT, double blade;
HO12, double blade yellow Heritage.

Schrade Pal Group 1.JPG Schrade Pal Group 2.JPG Schrade Pal Group 3.JPG

The two Heritage knives and the Ducks Unlimited are stainless. The two brown delrin knives are Schrade's carbon steel.

Note the ground out tang stamp on the 12OT. It came from the same "table o' knives" as the Junior Stockman I posted previously, in the immediate aftermath of the Schrade factory closing. This knife is also known as "Hand Killer" :eek: Needed 8 stitches in my palm after doing something careless :rolleyes:
It was sharp!

mbkr mbkr , very nice and diverse selection of small Schrades! :cool:
Eight stitches that's a lot! :eek: Most I ever did was 4. Guess I ran out of cutting room since it was clear across the width of my thumb.
At least you know it sharp... sorry.:oops:
I enjoyed seeing those Mike. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Let's both be real careful.

I always like them, especially in stag. Is anyone still making that knife model or is Weidmansheil a ghost from the past like Camillus and Schrade?

Thank you very much, but I really don't know what's going on with Weidmannsheil!!!:cool::thumbsup:

Back