SMALLS (Traditionals only)

Shows what I know. I’m clearly out of my league. I had just searched Tony Bose small wharncliffe trapper and the first thing that popped up was a similar looking beauty. After reading your note I went back and looked and it’s a case-Bose collab in that pattern. I am sure TB custom is a whole other level. Anyway, fantastic knife.

Thanks. Definitely a custom from TB.

Why doesn't this knife have the Northfield logo on the blade?
I got lucky and received one without a blade etch. They must have accidentally skipped the etching process for this one.
LrhyWYc.jpg

GEC’s 22 Magnum is their shortest knife at 2 5/8 inches closed. It also has one their smallest & most tasteful blade etches IMO.
ubChSQJ.jpg
Very cool indeed. I have to admit that I did a quick search on the auction site to see if I could find one. That's the kind of knife that would be in my watch pocket all the time.

Clip point Pemberton
snwXTJv.jpg
Those are great looking covers. Without anything else in the photo there is no way anyone would believe that knife is under three inches! Speaking of small knives, you are the only one that I can remember posting a picture of the 22 magnum lately. GEC wasn’t on my radar when that run was made and I don’t seem them much. I would love to find one to go along with my 44. Are those little 22s highly sought after? Am I wasting my time looking around? Or, do you think I could probably find one for a reasonable price? Just wondering what you think.

Those are great looking covers. Without anything else in the photo there is no way anyone would believe that knife is under three inches! Speaking of small knives, you are the only one that I can remember posting a picture of the 22 magnum lately. GEC wasn’t on my radar when that run was made and I don’t seem them much. I would love to find one to go along with my 44. Are those little 22s highly sought after? Am I wasting my time looking around? Or, do you think I could probably find one for a reasonable price? Just wondering what you think.
The 2013 #06 Pembertons all have great action too. I have always hoped GEC would come out with an exact replica of the 2013 Pemberton in the 3.5 inch closed sized range. They have an extra small Coke bottle pattern and a large Coke bottle pattern, but nothing in between.
The 22 Magnum’s are pretty rare. They are among the least produced of all the GEC patterns. (545 22’s were produced. To my knowledge, the only pattern that has a lower production number is the #16 Canoes with 459 total production.)
Another small GEC that would be fun to find is the #09 Esquire produced only in 2014. They made 644 of those.

Last edited:
The 2013 #06 Pembertons all have great action too. I have always hoped GEC would come out with an exact replica of the 2013 Pemberton in the 3.5 inch closed sized range. They have an extra small Coke bottle pattern and a large Coke bottle pattern, but nothing in between.
The 22 Magnum’s are pretty rare. They are among the least produced of all the GEC patterns.
3.5” coke bottle would be awesome. I figured as much regarding the 22 mag. Oh well, maybe they will run them again sometime. Thanks for your thoughts.

Back