SMALLS (Traditionals only)

Craftsman%2520Peach%2520Seed.JPG

Naw, I don't have a soft spot for little knives,,,,are you kidding me? All cards are original and complete with the appropriate knives, as they appeared in the 1940s thru the 1950s.

I remember those displays from my childhood!!!!

There was usually one up front by the cash register at the five and dime on the corner where we lived in Washington D.C. before we moved out the Maryland suburbs. Aside from the .05 cent cherry coke at the soda fountain, it was a major draw for us kids to ogle the pocket knives. Sometimes there was a display of nail clippers and trim pocket knives with those sheet metal handles and little sheep foot blade and bottle opener.

That price is about right, as I recall they were bought with pocket change.

Funny - I have a box full of smaller Case knives - can't bring myself to carry them. I'm even a white collar guy during the week, and the Case knives I carry fall in the 3.5-3.75 inch closed range (6107W, ratcliffe muskrats, 63032's mostly) - they don't print too much & seems like my sweet spot.

I remember those displays from my childhood!!!!

There was usually one up front by the cash register at the five and dime on the corner where we lived in Washington D.C. before we moved out the Maryland suburbs. Aside from the .05 cent cherry coke at the soda fountain, it was a major draw for us kids to ogle the pocket knives. Sometimes there was a display of nail clippers and trim pocket knives with those sheet metal handles and little sheep foot blade and bottle opener.

That price is about right, as I recall they were bought with pocket change.
Yes jackknife, in fact these were referred to as change makers or takers. I also have an old metal, wooden and glass case that Imperial/Hammer Brand used throughout the 1950s and into the 60s. Also a counter piece that was to try and get your bit of change before leaving the store.

Back