smatchet

The first time I ever saw a Smatchet was in an ORIGINAL 1940's copy of " GET TOUGH ", by THE MAN
W.E. Fairbairn .

While the origins of the blade style are unknown I believe it came from the big leaf pattern type blades from all over the Dark Continent, where the OSS and the British clandestines were operating extensively. However, Fairbairn, being Fairbairn may have simply thought it up based on his extensive,intensive experience. (This is all based on my own thought guided by my step-dad.)

Anyhow, as I recall the original pattern while being symmetrical was single edged, which ought to make a lot of folks happy.

The Smatchet is not only a devastatingly effective edged weapon it is also a very good field tool.

There goes my loud opinions again.

I should just said...
+1 on a Smatchet and left it at that.

Lol. Funny. :thumbup:

Many many years ago, I grabbed and EDMF Smachet from someone on BF. I've NEVER used it. It's too farking huge. Slice into arm arteries?? You could chop the arm clean off with this bad boy.

One in INFI - too much for me to handle. LOL

Smatchet is on my Top 5 list!

For-ever! I want it made by a hard core company! What scares me is somebody will build it in slip shod fashion and ruin the design for the future.

A WTF blank with just the handle portion machined, would be the perfect beginning for a SMATCHET!

the new bbp looks cool. only problem I have is, its not a smatchet

Last edited:
I would like to order, a super chopper smatchet please.

Hmm, before the WTF was offered I would not have even hesitated. If the WTF can chop as good as I think it's going to, the smatchet loses some of its appeal. Then again, the smatchet is interesting and a chop off between them would be exciting to say the least. Because of that, I can only see myself getting one smatchet. 😄

Back