SMF general discussion.

So, one update.
I noticed that the thumb stud was slightly loose with a bit of wiggle.
Instead of making an issue of it and complaining to the seller or digging into the history. I decided to fix it.
I removed the stud. Added epoxy to it after hammering a indent into each side to gall it. Then I put it on my work bench and quickly used a rubber mallet to hammer it back in. I spun it 180 degrees to use the opposite side of the pin to contact the frame.
Of course this slightly improved the lock up. But it is not going any where.
I doubt it will loosen up, but I like the knife way to much to risk sending it in and having a different sized stud put on it.

Lock up is super nuts and I am still as happy. If not more so since I fixed it.
I plan on using good and hard.
Matt

It cuts a brick block of buffing compound into slices with ease. And carefully pry's slabs from the mill table that are taped on with 3M double.
Happy Easter again. Time to plan my daughters first egg hunt!

You got to play with the grip on the SMF, i find if you hold it so that your pinky is pointing at the second to last bolt its most comfortable in the hand. I wear X large mechanics gloves for reference. The grip is one that took me along time to come around to, but now it's totally fine.

Freaking love my new smf. I was a huge emerson guy and decided to try a strider. Totally hooked. Night and day difference between this and my Emerson's. It is a freaking tank, zero blade play any direction, smooth as silk.

I was nervous about the 3/4 grind but glad I went with it. It just makes for a stronger blade and it cuts amazing for how thick the blade is.

I'm buying one more smf, hopefully can find a new tanto soon with the arctic gray g10 or aluminum. Or a digicam. But the smf kicked out the Emerson's, I found my dream knife.

Very nice MO. I want hesitant about the 3/4 as well, but it rocks.
I love mine too. Ive got your black brother from another mother here.

Very nice MO. I want hesitant about the 3/4 as well, but it rocks.
I love mine too. Ive got your black brother from another mother here.

That's right! Haha diggin that black on black too. I wanna try the 154 as well on a strider. Mine is the cpm s30v.

Oh yeah, the 154 it imfreakinpressive. I really am freaking myself out how sharp this thing is. Very well done.
The S30V is time tested for sure though.
Is 154 the standard steel now, or is it an option?

That's right! Haha diggin that black on black too. I wanna try the 154 as well on a strider. Mine is the cpm s30v.

Oh yeah, the 154 it imfreakinpressive. I really am freaking myself out how sharp this thing is. Very well done.

They do runs of the 154 I believe, s30v is their norm steel. Strider always has knives out in different steels, I love it

If you like the SmF, check out the Spyderco Tuff as well.
Even stouter tip, and has pretty much everything I like about the SmF combined with things I like about Spyderco.

Which one to get? You know the answer...both!

Agree completely!! I worked my way through most knives out there and finally came back to Strider SmF.......sold everything else and that's all I own now!! As stated it is a tank, it feels like a knife.......and is as dependable as a Mercedes at the price of an Audi!!

Freaking love my new smf. I was a huge emerson guy and decided to try a strider. Totally hooked. Night and day difference between this and my Emerson's. It is a freaking tank, zero blade play any direction, smooth as silk.

I was nervous about the 3/4 grind but glad I went with it. It just makes for a stronger blade and it cuts amazing for how thick the blade is.

I'm buying one more smf, hopefully can find a new tanto soon with the arctic gray g10 or aluminum. Or a digicam. But the smf kicked out the Emerson's, I found my dream knife.

I prefer 154 over S30V.....my preference but I've achieved a laser edge on mine!!

Agree completely!! I worked my way through most knives out there and finally came back to Strider SmF.......sold everything else and that's all I own now!! As stated it is a tank, it feels like a knife.......and is as dependable as a Mercedes at the price of an Audi!!

It's just perfect for me! I went through like 6 knives that kind of gave me that "meh" feeling and when I opened this bad boy up I was like damn, this is what I've been missing!

Last edited:
Back