Smiths pocket diamond sharpeners?

Ive seen a bunch of these on sale.Are they worth it or i j7st should get another dmt folding sharpener which i love btw

Depends on the one you're talking about? Smiths makes a number of pocket sharpeners with a diamond component to them.

If your talking about the one with the carbide and ceramic scrapper I wouldn't use either of those as they will destroy a blade. Only exception to that for use is disposable razor blades in my opinion to extend the use before replacement. The diamond rod on them is useful though and can be used to properly sharpen a knife.

If your talking about the one with the carbide and ceramic scrapper I wouldn't use either of those as they will destroy a blade. Only exception to that for use is disposable razor blades in my opinion to extend the use before replacement. The diamond rod on them is useful though and can be used to properly sharpen a knife.
Even with disposable utility blades I prefer to remove them and sharpen on a stone. I'm crazy like that.

Same here but I got tired of having to dull my blades back when I worked at a store stocking shelves. They were too sharp and would go through thin cardboard with no resistance which risked damaging the products. A very weird and stupid problem to have.

Can...you link to it? Picture? If it's just a diamond plate and it's a good deal, yeah sure. But we still don't know what model you're talking about so it's really hard to weigh in, here. :)

These diamond pocket stones are really handy to touchup edge in field in few strokes or to take off the burr from my sil carbide stone,leaves agressive toothy edge thats still shaving and even hair whittling hair

Back