Smoke and Prayers for fellow knife club member and his family

M.FREEZE

Gold Member
Our knife club lost a long time member and true knife enthusiast recently. He was one of the "greatest generation" and, as I've just recently learned was also accomplished in several other areas. Last month our knife club (Gateway Area Knife Club) was informed that Mr. John Pierce had suffered a stroke. I found out today that he passed away on 11/22/16 at the age of 91.

He had four sons and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren. As recently as two years ago he would stay overnight and provide security for the annual knife show our club puts on. He always had very nice custom fixed blades too. I asked him once where he acquired all of his knives and he simply replied "I've been doing it for 50 years..." He loved to trade and sell, and also set up a booth at all the local shows where he would sharpen knives.

Losing a family member is never easy, but it's especially tough around holidays. Unfortunately he is gone but I think that a lot of people can still learn something from the few remaining memebers of the "greatest generation".

John C. Pierce R.I.P. 1924 - 2016

More info on John C. Pierce :
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/stltoday/obituary.aspx?n=john-c-pierce&pid=182977520

Sending smoke for Mr.Pierce's family.

"a veteran of the United States Army in the Pacific Theatre during World War II.
While serving in the Solomon Islands and the Philippines as a combat engineer with the Americal Division, he received two Bronze Stars for valor.":thumbup:

Back