Smoke needed for many people - Please post needs here

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith, Jan 22, 2021.

1. wkfl

wkfl KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 28, 2011
    Dang Stacy! Better days fo sho, prayers sent, along with thin, blue smoke and a happy birthday.

2. seanj

seanj Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Best wishes to you both for a swift recovery and a Happy Birthday.

3. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    Judy is home now. She instantly lifted my spirits when she got out of my buddy's car (but seeing her she always has made me feel good). She says she feels fine
    I talked with the ER-doc and he says he is positive that it was an orthostatic event caused by her getting up too fast. Her meds and the Nyquil she took probably acerbated the issue. No more Nyquil for her - only Tylenol or Naprosyn-sodium.

Judy was a real trooper evidentially. I have told her that getting numbed up is usually worse than the suturing, and with staple-sutures it is so fast and painless lidocaine is almost never needed. Staples also do not require shaving a big bald spot on the back of her head. She told the doc to just put them in. Five staples about 8mm apart is what he put in. He told me to remove them in 7 to 10 days. Judy had told him that I have sterile suture-staple pack kits and the removal devices. After discussing it with me, he said that considering the current Covid situation in our home as well as everywhere, he saw no reason to bring her in for the removal unless there was some other issue.

Cushing - I have a pulse-oximeter. I ordered another so Judy can monitor hers without any cross-contamination risk. It'll be here tomorrow.

FredyCro, 12345678910, seanj and 2 others like this.
  4. Cushing H.

Cushing H. Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Good. Stay safe

5. Britt_Askew

Britt_Askew Dealer / Materials Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Dec 9, 2010
    Crazy times for sure. Glad she is OK. You will be too, Smoke sent.
    Happy birthday

6. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker

Feb 28, 2011
    Sending smoke, hope everything turns out as well as possible.

7. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Stacy,

I’ve enjoyed reading your posts over the years, and feel like I know you even though you probably don’t know me.

Glad to hear your wife is home and things are ok with her.

Prayers for a speedy recovery for yourself and your special woman.

razor-edge-knives likes this.
  8. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    wow thats intense. prayers sent.

9. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    Best wishes, try to get extra rest.

10. kbright

kbright

Jun 27, 2004
    Best Wishes Stacy!

11. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Don't get a pet duck.

12. scott kozub

scott kozub Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Great news Stacey. Heres to a speedy recovery for both of you. This covid is a bitch.

My best and his wife were pregnant. Just after conceiving her father was diagnosed with cancer and wasn't given long. When the baby was born the grand parents weren't able to visit because of covid risk and lockdown. They bought a trailer and towed it up to her parents place so they visit safely through the screen door. Her father went into hospice just before they got there. He passed away without ever getting to see his granddaughter.

Send a big FU to this virus by kicking its Ass. Get well soon.

13. golfer1

golfer1

Nov 24, 2016
    Best wishes to you and your wife. You packed a lot into a short time. Been thru it wit my wife only was a fall, hip replacement and pulmonary embolism. Like you I could not go near the hoplite and spent nearly a week wondering and warring. So glad your wife is doing well and pray you will come out of the Covid OK.

14. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Smoke and prayers from Houston. Hang in there!

15. John mc c

John mc c Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 23, 2018
    All my best to you and judy,stacy

16. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    We are doing much better today. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes.

Many others also have need for prayer. Please post them in this thread if you wish.

seanj and WValtakis like this.
  17. Cushing H.

Jun 3, 2019
    Stacy made that change for me. We found out yesterday that my son in Atlanta is COVID positive, and is showing symptoms. We will try to keep a close eye on him and his progress from across the country ...

18. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Glad things are going better Stacy!

Cushing keep us posted. Nichole went through it, started showing symptoms Christmas morning. It was a like a bad cold for her. Hope the same for your boy.

19. Cushing H.

Jun 3, 2019
    Thank you Dave. Jamie is pretty overweight ... I am concerned. I am glad nichole came through ok. You did not get it from her?

20. jlauffer

jlauffer Tempt not the Blade Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Best wishes all!