Smoke needed for many people - Please post needs here

Thank you Dave. Jamie is pretty overweight ... I am concerned. I am glad nichole came through ok. You did not get it from her?

No, no one did. The Dr said you are the most contagious 2-4 days prior to showing symptoms. One son was home on leave from the Army for 2.5 weeks. Our other son and his wife were up and spent several days as we were doing Christmas on Christmas Eve's eve. Our daughter was also up and her boyfriend was in and out as his parents live close by. Our daughter had to work in the ER Christmas and my son and his wife had to travel north for a branding on Christmas. So we did all our festivities couple days prior. Nichole's mom was also up for this time. No body else got sick. My mother in law works at an assisted living facility, she's tested 2xs a week. My daughter in the ER gets tested too and both have had the vaccine now. The kids are all in their 20's and very healthy. I'm 61 and have hypertension that I take meds for but have bloodwork done every 6 months. The Doc just looks at the results and shakes his head and says: "I wish I had your numbers", so outside of the high BP, pretty gucci. MIL is 70 and she has hypertension too but also pretty good outside of that. So quien sabe? Whole boatload of folks around when she was most contagious and nobody else got sick.

Weirder yet. The friend that we're sure Nichole got it from came down with it too before Nichole did. She lives in a large household and her sister, her niece and niece's husband got it as well. Two other adults did not. Now, that friend was over. I'd sold her one of my horses and he's still living here while they get a place ready for him. He had a farrier appointment and she was here to pay the guy. I was outside making knives and she came over and gave me a hug and then went down to the barn where Nichole and the farrier was working on George. After George was done she and Nichole went into the house for a cup of coffee and then she left giving me a hug on the way out again. Few days later she'd down with it. Then come Christmas Nichole has it. Bout 4 days ago we get a text and she's in the hospital, can't breath and she tests positive again. So in the space of six weeks she was sick, tested positive, got better, tested negative and then got sick again with another positive test! They sent her home on O2 for three days after keeping her in the ER for a few hours. Quien sabe again for sure!

Her visit to your house makes sense ... there is this thing called an infectious dose. A couple viruses (like you get with a hug) might not infect you. Sitting near someone long enough to make and have a cup of coffee (while talking) throws more viruses, and gives more opportunity for your wife to have inhaled them. Singing together is a REALLY bad idea: one singer forcefully exhales a whole bunch of viruses, and the non infected person is doing a whole bunch of deep inhaling. Bad, bad idea.

we just don’t have ANY close contact with anyone ... including my other younger son who is at the university near us. No hugs :-(

I hope everyone skates through with mild symptoms. From what I have heard from people I know who have had it, guys suffer more than women, and a short fever and then days of feeling better, like a cold, doesn't mean one is in the clear. My neighbor's kids brought it home around the 17th December, they all tested positive through Christmas but I saw them up and around in their yard working on stuff through to about the 30th December. The husband said he had a fever for 5 minutes and that was all. Sounded all good. Didn't see them again till the 9th January and learned that the husband had collapsed on the 2nd with low blood pressure and they had the paramedics out. He was bed bound for a week. Scary stuff.
Stay safe and stay in touch at a distance.

Still trying to let the adrenalin fade. Maybe get to sleep soon.

Larrin, it seems like a couple days, but that was all in 12 hours.
Hope everyone mentioned here gets through this will mild symptoms and comes out the other end healthy again.

Letting the adrenalin fade...My wife is a nurse and has dealt with uncountable intense cases in her career with seeming ease. But when our kids broke and arm, cut themselves for stitches or wound up spending a night in the hospital she verged on being a basket case. It was me who had to take them to emerge or spend the night and give hourly updates of how it was going. She'd set me up and tell me what to say and then deal with the adrenalin rush once we were on our way.

Sheesh! Just checked in and saw this, what a scary time Stacy. I'm glad you (and everyone else in this thread) came out OK.

My wife and I both tested positive in December. Pretty mild symptoms for both of us but she is still unusually tired.

Judy is doing great, her worst problem is cabin fever.
I am still fine. I had a 99.9° fever the other day for about 8 hours and then it was gone. O2 saturation, BP, heart rate, temp, etc. are all still good.

thank you for asking stacy. we actually just heard from him today - apparently he had a fever for a week, and had/has a cough that continues, along with feeling "really bad". We did not get details on his PO2, but he does have a pulse ox, along with instructions on what to look for ... so it sounds like blood ox did not get into worrisome range?? His words were "this virus is no joke" .... but it sounds like he is over the worst???????

Good de
thank you for asking stacy. we actually just heard from him today - apparently he had a fever for a week, and had/has a cough that continues, along with feeling "really bad". We did not get details on his PO2, but he does have a pulse ox, along with instructions on what to look for ... so it sounds like blood ox did not get into worrisome range?? His words were "this virus is no joke" .... but it sounds like he is over the worst???????
al

Good deal buddy!

A little late but, Happy Birthday. I'm glad Judy's fall wasn't more serious.

I reopened the store today with myself and two of the gals. It ended up with six out of eight of us testing positive. Only one gal had any real symptoms. She ran a fever and felt like she had the flu. No one comes back until 10 days quarantine from their positive test.
Judy is doing fine. I took her staples out Saturday.

We wore masks except at the break table or at our desks in the back We sanitized everything regularly, and I have 10 squirt bottles of hand sanitizer throughout the store. No one was sick, coughing, sneezing, etc.

Back