Smoke Request for our good friend Bob Murray

OUCH! They used some serious hardware on you. Hope you have some good pain meds.

Daaaaaang Bob! That's some major repair work with all the hardware and your arms look like the notching you do on knife handles. Ouch!! I hope the pain meds allow you to rest and heal up. Take it slow and easy.

Phil

P.S. - Maybe Andy Fiddleback Fiddleback can get you a VIP Handicapped Parking Pass for Blade so you have something to focus on as a goal while you are doing PT.

I refuse to give a "like" to your post...

However I did find it to be quite informative.

After seeing those photos and X-rays... I’m really sorry to see you that you got so busted up. :(

Chin up Bob... Hoping for the best for you while facing what is most likely going to be a rather long haul recovery process.

Last edited:
You win on scars my man, WOW. I was fine until the blood dripping off your left elbow hit the sheets.....

Damn Bob! You done got shot at this time last year and now you go and wreck your bike! Hope everything gets better soon my friend and hopefully you'll be at Blade again this year!

Hi everyone, just an update. I’m pretty broken up right now. They used a lot of titanium to try and piece me back together. Just left the hospital and went to a rehab/nursing home. Checked out of that place last night and came home for one night. The damn place definitely wasn’t the right one for me and was an hour from home. Our good friend runs one right by the house here but we thought the hospital knew best. Anyway, I should be admitted today or tomorrow, and I’m actually excited about it.

The injury was massive. Short term memory has been affected heavily. Right now my only goal is to be able to walk again as there’s always that small chance it won’t happen.

On a side note as soon as I’m up to it I’ll be selling off some nice knives to help with the regular day to day bills and medical ones that will be piling soon.

Please continue to keep me and my family in you thoughts and prayers as this has been the worst year I’ve ever had to endure as an individual, husband, father and friend. I can only pray that he’s listening.

Sincerely,
Bob

Bob,
Have no doubt you will remain in my thoughts and prayers until you are up and doing foolish things again ;)
Bill

Wasn’t aware of the head trauma and it’s going to suck seeing you in a wheel chair, but at least we’ll see you! We are all pulling for you, bob!

Hi everyone, just an update. I’m pretty broken up right now. They used a lot of titanium to try and piece me back together. Just left the hospital and went to a rehab/nursing home. Checked out of that place last night and came home for one night. The damn place definitely wasn’t the right one for me and was an hour from home. Our good friend runs one right by the house here but we thought the hospital knew best. Anyway, I should be admitted today or tomorrow, and I’m actually excited about it.

The injury was massive. Short term memory has been affected heavily. Right now my only goal is to be able to walk again as there’s always that small chance it won’t happen.

On a side note as soon as I’m up to it I’ll be selling off some nice knives to help with the regular day to day bills and medical ones that will be piling soon.

Please continue to keep me and my family in you thoughts and prayers as this has been the worst year I’ve ever had to endure as an individual, husband, father and friend. I can only pray that he’s listening.

Sincerely,
Bob

Hang in there Bob. Now you're in recovery mode. Make sure you go through with the rehabilitation, no matter how painful it can be. The rehab is what's going to get you all back to better again. Jeannie and I will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers my friend.

Nice fracture to the head of the L radius and pelvic girdle. The L hand/wrist shouldn't be bad, hopefully you are R handed. The fracture to the pelvic girdle will take some time. Even though it might heal fast, they need to make sure it can handle the weight distribution from your femur. It will seem daunting, but it's doable. I actually have a friend from another forum that recovered from something similar. He was involved in a head-on collision during a high risk prison transport. Head of his femur was shoved through his pelvic girdle from the impact. It was a few years ago, but he's back working as a Sheriff dealing with high risk prisoners. Bad weather causes him aches, and he was told it will come back to haunt him in old age, but he's done better than the Docs said he would.

Continued prayers sent.

Back