Smokestacks and the Whatnot

I love contrasts and you've got them there in spades. A little dark, a little light. A little smooth a little rough.

Is that as long as it looks?

8f72af04117a8ab18686fd020c0e67fd_name-resized-lizard-meme-heh-meme_800-744.jpeg

Holy smokes, just saw the knife from the previous page, wow! :cool:

Most of the time I have an exact purpose in mind when I draw something up. This one, not so much. It's around a 7" blade and 12" OAL. It could go any direction, but I think with a low swedge and a stacked handle it'll have a classic look. It's got a curved tang as well.

This cloud ran away right after I took this picture. Coincidence? I think not:D
Here's a profile of it. This one has serious potential. I'm gonna need some suggestions for handle ideas.

I may fool around with an idea about leather spacers that aren't fully soaked in vinegaroon, each spacer like a medium rare steak, I guess it would be more like a burnt steak, black on the outside and tan in the middle. Mmmmmm a black and tan would be good right now, damnit I'm hungry and thirsty now.

Antler of some sort and some red and black spacers or nickel or bronze spacers would be something to think about.

She'll be on her way to a right handed home when I get the sheath finished.
IMG_20170525_014520-1503x2672.jpg

One knife left in this thread, got it cleaned up to 400 grit and the plunges evened up. Should be getting the guard soldered on soon.

Dang. Some wrong handed devil is getting one beautiful knife. There oughta be a law against that.

Cleaning this up while leather dye is drying. This blade has some curves and swedgy goodness.
IMG_20170525_173836-1.jpg
IMG_20170525_174001.jpg

I am really digging this blade shape, cant wait to get a handle on. I think I'm gonna torch the guard and give it a nice backwards curve. Tim offered some blue micarta when we were talking about colors, I wonder how that would look with natural leather, maybe black leather on this one too?

Ha, I think you actually would be if you saw this. It's right up your alley with your love for bigger blades. I just can't make up my mind about how much of the handle I want to be leather stack, it really needs a nice layout by the guard, I just cant see it yet.

I am really digging this blade shape, cant wait to get a handle on. I think I'm gonna torch the guard and give it a nice backwards curve. Tim offered some blue micarta when we were talking about colors, I wonder how that would look with natural leather, maybe black leather on this one too?

I'm shocked. You said "blue micarta" 2 days ago and Pertinux hasn't checked in yet.

Back