Smokestacks and the Whatnot

Really looking great, love the mix of the different materials!
......John, your finger tips are turning purple! :eek:

Oh, my!!!
That is taking your work to another level.

I wish I could find a level, I feel like I'm on an elevator, I never know what floor the door is gonna open on. I'm to the point where I quit trying to push buttons and just go for the ride.

Just keep pushing the button with the up arrows. I have a feeling that you can go as far as you want to go. One day, if you keep this up, you handles will be as recognizable as Behrings, Randalls or Scagels.

This isn't W&C so I can't use the language that came to mind when seeing that.

Christians that don't care for the F-bomb would have been offended. Deeply offended.

It's beautiful, John.

I wish I could find a level, I feel like I'm on an elevator, I never know what floor the door is gonna open on. I'm to the point where I quit trying to push buttons and just go for the ride.
Well thanks for taking us along for the ride with ya! It's going to be a looker for sure!

Seems like with the turn down at the butt of the handle would feel good at the edge of the hand?

Just keep pushing the button with the up arrows. I have a feeling that you can go as far as you want to go. One day, if you keep this up, you handles will be as recognizable as Behrings, Randalls or Scagels.
Thanks Mack, I'm gonna keep on keepin on:thumbsup:

This isn't W&C so I can't use the language that came to mind when seeing that.

Christians that don't care for the F-bomb would have been offended. Deeply offended.

It's beautiful, John.
Thanks Chris.....wait, did the F-bomb have a "What the" right before it?:eek:

Well thanks for taking us along for the ride with ya! It's going to be a looker for sure!

Seems like with the turn down at the butt of the handle would feel good at the edge of the hand?
Remember when we were talking about doing a curved or straight tang, the curve can make everything more natural feeling in your hand. This one is easy on the palm for sure.

The guard and butt on this angle opposite ways and the copper and aluminum spacers all taper towards the bottom so everything arcs in between. I think it worked out well with the curved tang. Looking forward to what you think when you get it.

Wow! (and I mean that in the nicest possible way!) :cool:
All Wows are welcome:p

Holy isht John!!!
eek2.gif

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

Awesome work there my friend!!!
xyxthumbs.gif
xyxthumbs.gif
xyxthumbs.gif

Thanks Jared, I appreciate it my brother from another mother:D

This is an elusive bastard to photograph.
IMG_20170504_024532.jpg IMG_20170504_024720.jpg

Tough to get a picture of the grain in this blackwood, brightened this pic to bring it out.
IMG_20170504_024941.jpg

After I get a sheath made for the Whatnot, I'll be working on the other two from this thread. HT is done on both already, both guards are fit, one still needs soldered.

The smaller blade might be bronze with black leather, and mesquite burl (from Scotts secret stash;)).

The larger one I haven't figured out what I want to do with that yet, it has a bronze guard already, maybe we'll go with natural leather.

John, it's better than I could have imagined when we were first planning it!! I do look forward to giving it a go!

Do you ever sleep?:cool:

That looks amazing. The blackwood with the contrasting metals is about as classy as it gets. The tuxedo of knife handles.

Opinions on the black leather spacers? Natural leather would have changed the entire look of the knife I think. I like the smokestack on this one.

We need to talk sheaths Dennis.
Righty, lefty, snappy, pouchy, dangly?
IMG_20170504_120442.jpg

I might skip the thin spacers on this next one. Maybe go with a mesquite center barrel favoring forward with leather on each side.
IMG_20170504_122842.jpg

Back