• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Smoky Mountain Knife Works - Bad Experience/Website orders not being honored

And no they don't use insurance so that wouldn't affect the shipping cost.

Well, they randomly use insurance. I used their "sign up for emails and get a 10% discount code" this past Fall. Knife was discounted 10%, shipping was charged as was insurance, to me, I got charged for insurance and it could not be deleted, it was mandatory. In the end the final cost for the knife, and shipping, and me paying for insurance was the same as any other dealer all who offered free shipping and no discount. They are off my list of vendors

I've heard many people even years ago say they're not dealing with them anymore because of how greedy they are. They commonly have prices higher and shipping too. If you go to their store you get out of the shipping cost, but still pay higher prices as well as the 9.75 percent Tennessee state tax.

The combined sales tax rate for Sevierville,TN is 9.75%.

Last edited:
Back when they had a TV channel to sell knives, the two jokers who ran the show were enough proof for anyone to know that SMKW was out to vacuum your wallet and didn't care about knives or customers.

What! I can't believe you weren't jumping on those once in a lifetime opportunities to own "THE NINJA MASTER TACTICAL BOWIE!! AND WE'LL ALSO THROW IN 12 OF THESE EXTREME PREJUDICE TACTICAL FOLDERS, ALL IN GLIMMERING 420J2, AND IF YOU ACT NOW WE'LL EVEN ADD THIS SAMURAI MASTER DAISHO..YOUR COST, $29.99!!!"

My experience. I saw the item post (benchmade mini grip 20cv-G10) $134.99... Then saw the bad reviews at another post (regular sheep's foot mini grip ) . .. I guess people decided to write the review at that post (item that was delivered) . Then I wrote an email 4 days ago asking about this issue so I can be sure to make the purchase . No answer (still) . Then I wrote a question about the unanswered email at the item post in their website... That question was answered . Supposedly no email was received by them . I made another question specifying the problem .. They didn't posted it.
I concluded I can't buy from a company that don't even answer an email and have some shady behavior

Try the phone next time.
My experience. I saw the item post (benchmade mini grip 20cv-G10) $134.99... Then saw the bad reviews at another post (regular sheep's foot mini grip ) . .. I guess people decided to write the review at that post (item that was delivered) . Then I wrote an email 4 days ago asking about this issue so I can be sure to make the purchase . No answer (still) . Then I wrote a question about the unanswered email at the item post in their website... That question was answered . Supposedly no email was received by them . I made another question specifying the problem .. They didn't posted it.
I concluded I can't buy from a company that don't even answer an email and have some shady behavior

Are you sure the communication issue is on their end?

That said, I won't be doing business with this company. Far other better places.

Back