1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Smooth ivory bone addiction

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jfowl31, Dec 27, 2015.

1. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    New class picture:
    [​IMG]

L.H.S, ty_higg, Pàdruig and 22 others like this.
  2. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I’m a fan.

10D3555F-ADA3-45A4-8838-EA846E633F2E.jpeg

3. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2012
    [​IMG]
    I can understand this addiction :D

Â

4. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    To me this bone screams CLASSEY!!!;) Real nice knives all yinz are showin!!! :D
    John

5. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    A Paisano with its Horizontal sheath.

[​IMG]

6. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
    [​IMG]

r8shell, ty_higg, Pàdruig and 19 others like this.
  7. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

L.H.S, ty_higg, paulhilborn and 15 others like this.
  8. PaulS.

PaulS.

Jul 16, 2018
    Any excuse to post my Case teardrop! :thumbsup::D

case teardrop.jpg

9. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. TLARbb

TLARbb Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2010
    I have two in smooth ivory bone. ... This one and a Eureka jack that I can't find a photo of... I'll shoot a new pic for this thread tomorrow, but here is an old pic of the 48 Improved Trapper

[​IMG]

Ed J

L.H.S, ty_higg, paulhilborn and 10 others like this.
  11. TLARbb

Jan 24, 2010
    I take it you like that teardrop. I am thinking about picking one up.

Ed J

12. ddavis

ddavis

Jan 17, 2018
  13. PaulS.

PaulS.

Jul 16, 2018
    Yes I do. I've tried a lot of knives since joining the Porch and this is the closest to perfect for me that I've found. I prefer single blades in the 2.5 to 3 inch range. I like the smooth natural bone and no shield. It's very thin and my particular knife is every bit as nice as the GECs I've owned. The blade is centered when closed. There is no blade play. The back spring is flush open and closed and nearly flush at the half stop. I have another chestnut CV Wharnecliffe teardrop that @Will Power gifted me and the back spring is flush in all positions. From my limited experience, Case teardrops are very well made.

dc50, TLARbb and Will Power like this.
  14. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

paulhilborn, Travman, tmd_87 and 7 others like this.
  15. TLARbb

Jan 24, 2010
    Here's a picture of that 48 trapper and my other smooth ivory bone - the 92 Eureka jack...

[​IMG]

The trapper gets regular carry and use.

Ed J

16. boykinlp

boykinlp Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Don't know if this is right for this thread, but I got this one this week. image.jpeg image.jpeg

17. Camillus

Camillus Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    I just picked this 2007 beavertail up last week. I like it a lot. Instantly one of my favourite 73s. Not sure why. It just works. The fact the bone is icy white like a popsicle certainly helps.

[​IMG]

ty_higg, redsparrow, PaulS. and 6 others like this.
  18. Coonskinner

Coonskinner

Mar 28, 2001
    My Northfield Eureka Jack in smooth ivory bone is one of my most carried knives.

TLARbb likes this.
  19. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    A Great Parade there! I have three of those, the BS, Eureka and Northfield Barlow. The BS is looking rather beaten up these days after living in the rough-house that is my kitchen:D The Eureka is one of the best patterns GEC have ever done, beautiful and authentic-confess to not using it but its sibling in Greenbone version sees a lot of pocket dark:cool:

That Viper looks tremendous, Ivory Bone suits more or less ANY pattern, too bad it's never been chosen for the Forum Knife, but popularity is an overdone thing ;):D

Thanks, Will

MerryMadMonk likes this.
  20. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Olsen OK "lil brassy" fullsizeoutput_11dc.jpeg

Itsmebsh, redsparrow, PaulS. and 4 others like this.