Smooth ivory bone addiction

Probably posted this before, you must forgive the infirmities of age ;)

QZe8vwD.jpg

Rock Star

qpkepXT.jpg

Côte d'ivoire? Non! But looks like the elephant's tooth

9aPoPTB.jpg

Three great photos Will!!! Including... a mezmerizing elephant tooth! Well done sir!

I never thought I'd like a handle material like this. But you know how it is when a buncha people post some shiny things on the internet...:rolleyes:

Well now its on the list.

I use some every batch of knives I make. It always sells well. You are not alone in your appreciation.

Is there a way to remove the black spotting near the bolster from the buffing process on smooth ivory bone?

Josh, I hear it's common to pick up buffing compound in the pores on white/ivory bones, especially bolster and shield area. I find with a little time and handling they seem to melt away.

Is there a way to remove the black spotting near the bolster from the buffing process on smooth ivory bone?

Use a q-tip and "buff" it with rubbing alcohol, or use a bristly brush like a tooth brush or a dish brush and scrub it with hot soapy water. Don't forget to wipe it with some mineral oil or some such afterward, as that bone can dry out. But Will is right, that buffing compound gets in there and just takes a little while to come out naturally.

Back