Votes: 27 39.7%
  • a knife for the well-heeled knifelord

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • never gonna fit in my collection of spydies

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters

wickettedge

Platinum Member
In case you missed it, the SNAFUs are out!

11441.970.JPG

Very cool

I find it funny that the cutting edge is listed as .10” longer than the blade length. Wish I could justify spending the money, but I’ll be getting a chaves 229 and a milwaukee 7/16 hex impact driver for only a little more. Which will make me just as happy.

I saw this knife recently listed on their Instagram page (from the USN Gathering).

My immediate thought: "This looks VERY similar to the Böker / JB Stout Lateralus".

Granted, there are significant differences between the two knives (flipper vs thumb stud, integral Ti vs steel frame, different handle design etc.) and exotic components aside, look at the similarities between the two: the swedge, the fuller, the choil, the jimping.

Böker / JB Stout Lateralus:
boker-plus-lateralus-stout-steel-frame-lock-d2-flipper-01bo777-31.jpg

CKF / Rassenti SNAFU 2.0:
snafu-20-knife-ckf-3-800x533.jpg

I saw this knife recently listed on their Instagram page (from the USN Gathering).

My immediate thought: "This looks VERY similar to the Böker / JB Stout Lateralus".

Granted, there are significant differences between the two knives (flipper vs thumb stud, integral Ti vs steel frame, different handle design etc.) and exotic components aside, look at the similarities between the two: the swedge, the fuller, the choil, the jimping.

Böker / JB Stout Lateralus:
boker-plus-lateralus-stout-steel-frame-lock-d2-flipper-01bo777-31.jpg

CKF / Rassenti SNAFU 2.0:
snafu-20-knife-ckf-3-800x533.jpg

Different handle, different blade shape, different opening mechanism/stop pin design (looks like an external stop pin setup more than an opener, in retrospect), one is an integral and the other isn't . . . so basically the same?

If Peter Rassenti is ripping off Stout's design, IMO he's not doing it very accurately . . .

Last edited:
Different handle, different blade shape, different opening mechanism, one is an integral and the other isn't . . . so basically the same?

If Peter Rassenti is ripping off Stout's design, IMO he's not doing it very accurately . . .
:) Looks close enuf ! ;)

Break out them pitchforks , torches , and hangin' rope . :rolleyes:

Different handle, different blade shape, different opening mechanism/stop pin design (looks like an external stop pin setup more than an opener, in retrospect), one is an integral and the other isn't . . . so basically the same?

Which is kind of my point. I'm sure he's not ripping off the design. But all the gray titanium framelock flippers are blending into each other.

"But this one has a blue doohickey on the pivot!"

But all the gray titanium framelock flippers are blending into each other.

I really don't see myself buying any more gray titanium framelocks, but knowing my success rate at swearing off buying anything that goes bang or has a sharp edge, I'll probably crawfish on this claim shortly.

They are so boring at this point, though. Maybe there's hope for me on this one.

Good looking knife but a Snoozer for me.

1. Too pricey for me.
2. I don't like Ti scales.
3. Tired of the Ti gray look too.

I will help keep prices low (lower demand, lower price) and pass on this one. You're welcome.

Has a Rassenti production ever really been a “win”? Seriously, discuss amongst yourselves.

For me, it’s too big, too heavy and too replaceable. Added to that the difficulty of getting service for CKF knives and I’m a hard “no buy”.

I love what they’re doing, they’re just doing it for somebody else.

Back