Snapped BK-2 during batoning back in 2014?

If I broke it batoning wood. I wouldn’t expect a warrantee replacement. On the other hand I doubt they get many broken Becker’s back, it could be a flaw. It happened the first time it was used and is not all beat up.

When companies have generous replacement policies it seems really good but also drives up prices for everyone. I see both sides.

Hey everyone,

As you could probably tell from my first post, I'm not very timely.

However!

I just received a replacement BK-2 after sending in my broken one.

Also, I'm not the Texas guy, I'm a Kansas guy, but still the same, don't baton osage orange with a BK-2 or you'll have a bad time.

Hey everyone,

As you could probably tell from my first post, I'm not very timely.

However!

I just received a replacement BK-2 after sending in my broken one.

Also, I'm not the Texas guy, I'm a Kansas guy, but still the same, don't baton osage orange with a BK-2 or you'll have a bad time.

what part of Ks?

If I broke it batoning wood. I wouldn’t expect a warrantee replacement. On the other hand I doubt they get many broken Becker’s back, it could be a flaw. It happened the first time it was used and is not all beat up.

When companies have generous replacement policies it seems really good but also drives up prices for everyone. I see both sides.

There is batoning, and then there is BATONING! haha. :D

The every day stuff I Would expect a working knife such as this to go through Without breaking.

Every once in awhile the Devil gives us a log to test ourselves on.....
All bets are off then..... Those are the ones we Remember, I've had a few.

I love my BK2, but would prefer a non-skeletonized handle for more strength. Probably could make it a hair thinner so it's not quite as heavy.

No, not quite that thin of a blade. Just a hair thinner to make up for some of the extra steel in the handle. Or hell, just leave it a full .25in.
I haven't seen many BK2 or BK22s break, but the ones that I have seen, read about, or heard of, (almost always from abuse like hitting with a hammer, or poor batonning technique) have been in the same spot as the OP.

Yup, *%it happens.

On that note, I have batoned the living *%it out of almost every large blade I have, especially the BK&T blades & have yet to have a failure of any kind. That is a huge accomplishment IMHO. Even Toooj shook his head watching me once. Even if I did, I would still buy another one.

Back