Snark Wars: Episode Vll The Snark Awakens (Bladite's the guy in the mask...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grabbed the 20V DeWalt. Good deal, and it came with a factory charge so I could use it right away. Seems powerful enough for what I'll need.

Hit the dam tailwaters on the other side of the river today and in 30 minutes, I caught 17 more skipjack to freeze for catfish bait.

Need a cordless way to put holes in things?

colt%2045%201911a1%20mk4%20series%2080-01.jpg

Really liking the new Spec Ops rigger's belt.

D6D56972-E515-45ED-98FE-BD845DBF3CAA_zpsnuohofcq.jpg

Also liking a freezer of deer meat and catfish bait. :p

58835564-35EC-4E0C-8012-71194BF4EC18_zpsaoflpdma.jpg

I've got a corded Milwaukee I've been using for 20 years. Good stuff!

Sadly, that doesn't really count. Unless you happen to find a 20-yr-old drill at an estate sale or something... seems like all the once-great brands have largely gone down the tubes.

My dad's ancient B&D corded handdrill still cranks like a dream. It's a freakin' brick and I sure wouldn't want to lug it around a worksite all day, but it definitely works. Someday the chuck will finally wear out completely and I will be very sad.

Never had any luck with 12V or 18V tools (but then I never bought the very best I could get, either). I would go for 20V lithium ion if at all possible... "free batteries" sounds like BS to me... it don't mean squat if the batteries aren't designed to crap the bed in 6 months in the first place. ;)

Probably drain a snake too. On the run.

That depends a lot on the operator :D

Reviews for the Ridgid aren't as good though. I have had two DeWalt portable drills, and both were solid.

I grabbed the 20V DeWalt. Good deal, and it came with a factory charge so I could use it right away. Seems powerful enough for what I'll need.

Hit the dam tailwaters on the other side of the river today and in 30 minutes, I caught 17 more skipjack to freeze for catfish bait.

Uh....my 2¢ ain't worth what it used to be, now. I've got 18V DeWalts with the metal clutch, but the batteries are $#!+, IMO.....and expensive. Powerful units, to be sure, but....I usually try to find a pair of batteries on sale for $99.99 and then go and get them at the other place price matched + 10% off - 'cause I'm cheap like that. Surprisingly, the Ryobi tools I have all do their jobs, and while not the most powerful tools, won't break the bank either. I've got one of the old blue drivers from 2004 that has taken a header off a 12' ladder and I still use it every day. In my experience, the MUCH cheaper batteries also last about twice as long (service life) as big yellow's, and the tool ergos are pretty good, at least for me. I find the handles on the Rigid tools (and the Milwaukee's as well) to be kinda chunky. But, I don't have large hands. As for the Li-ion you already got, just beware. They die without warning (this goes for EVERY manufacturer) so I don't go into any tight spaces without dragging a spare. At least the NiCads will still work a little as they start to go dead - not just stop.

Anyway....useless information now.

Great choice. That 20v DeWalt is top of the line. Only thing better is to get the bigger battery that lasts longer. Adds more weight to but you won't need it...what you have there will cover about anything.

I did a little reading before I bought. There's always trade-offs, it seems. Anyway, I bought mainly on the basis of past history with DeWalt drills, which haven't let me down yet (aside from batteries just flat wearing out).

Speaking of Milwaukee, I have a Milwaukee bottle opener from 2015 that has been entirely trustworthy. If I do my job, it pops the cap every single time. :p

E819198D-B868-4E4E-92B5-B9683A6E98E2_zpsoqjnfyo2.jpg

Nice opener! Somewhere around here I have a Klein one that has a screwdriver handle and an ideal one that looks like an electrical tester. Back when I worked at the supply house I got all kinds of goodies from the reps. The best one was a Pass and Seymour Carhardt coat.

Milwaukee makes a heated jacket that uses their 12v batteries. Never tried it and boy its pricey. Cool idea though.

Small but we are trying to figure it out. Lots of stuff going away.

Thanks let me know when you want to check it out I need some brainstorming.

Most of the actual timber is on the other side all together its 50/50 timber pasture/hay. The house is a fraction of what we are used to and there is no shop or garages. So all that is in the air for now but I cant be more excited. Of course everyone else thinks we are nuts leaving the big house but the wife and I are excited.

good looking piece of land - cute house, too.
I could actually wander over your way Saturday if you're not busy doing family stuff -- the weather may suck, but we could take a look, do some brainstorming, and walk the land.

good looking piece of land - cute house, too.
I could actually wander over your way Saturday if you're not busy doing family stuff -- the weather may suck, but we could take a look, do some brainstorming, and walk the land.

Pick out a good spot for my climbing stand. I'll be over next winter. :p

Soo... Today I get a call from a landlord for whom I look after her strip mall. Old lady, super nice. Says she has a new tenant that took over the store downstairs (a hemp shop) and has no heat. No problem. I head over - looks like the same store, the signage hasn't changed or anything. Cool, I grab my tools and go downstairs to look at their thermostat. Door's locked - strange, but there's a doorbell, so, whatever, I push the button. A nice Asian lady answers the door. Wearing a corset. And a thong. And high heals. Here's how my awkward conversation went:

Her: Welcome! Would you like to come in for massage?

Me: What? Um, no…uh, Theo called me, said you had no heat?

Her: Pardon? I don't know. This massage place. You come in?

Me: No, no, no. I'm hear to fix your heat. Too cold in here? Is the manager around?

Her: Oh ok. My boss not here.

Me: Alright. I'm just going to go up on the roof to look at your unit, ok?

Her: OK. So you not come in for massage?

Me: NO! Uh, no, that's ok, I'll just head up to fix your unit…

Sometimes I hate my job. Today… today was not one of those days. [emoji3]

For the record, I object to this knife being discontinued.

20151222_163217_zpsgpyqmwpd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I object to not being able to clearly see those obviously sweet custom scales.

Soo... Today I get a call from a landlord for whom I look after her strip mall. Old lady, super nice. Says she has a new tenant that took over the store downstairs (a hemp shop) and has no heat. No problem. I head over - looks like the same store, the signage hasn't changed or anything. Cool, I grab my tools and go downstairs to look at their thermostat. Door's locked - strange, but there's a doorbell, so, whatever, I push the button. A nice Asian lady answers the door. Wearing a corset. And a thong. And high heals. Here's how my awkward conversation went:

Me: No, no, no. I'm hear to fix your heat. Too cold in here? Is the manager around?

Why, for the love of all things manly, did you not just GET THE DAMN MASSAGE!?!?!

JK. Great story, bro. Locked doors for me (I install security) frequently means something's being grown that someone doesn't want me to......disturb. Although I walked through an unlocked door (that I thought was an exit) at a Moose Lodge last week and stumbled into the smoking area.....and I almost got a contact high.

Does the story have a happy ending?

I object to not being able to clearly see those obviously sweet custom scales.Why, for the love of all things manly, did you not just GET THE DAMN MASSAGE!?!?!JK. Great story, bro. Locked doors for me (I install security) frequently means something's being grown that someone doesn't want me to......disturb. Although I walked through an unlocked door (that I thought was an exit) at a Moose Lodge last week and stumbled into the smoking area.....and I almost got a contact high.

First rule of happy massage time is never to admit you partake in such things, and if he really didn't... I'm pretty sure he asked the price.... :D j/k

Also no need to fret over contact highs... When they decide to pulp fiction your butt you'll see the real problem with walking in on the wrong someone :D j\k

But for real.... My wife has passed many many drug test after being around a lot of smoke... For years now.She administers drug tests occasionally at work and always tells me she gets a kick out of it when people say they "may" fail for pot because their brother/boyfriend/cousin/friends smoke in the car with them or some crap.

No.. If your above the cutoff to fail... You wanted that high LOL :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back