Snark Wars: Episode Vll The Snark Awakens (Bladite's the guy in the mask...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's the phrase?
"don't make me angry, I wouldn't like me when I'm angry"? :D

Was looking through my closet earlier and found my BK-5 that I never used. Factory edge and everything. Lol, Figgured I'd sign back in here for the first time in a few months and see whats going on. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

20151224_150636_zpsnhppommz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hot diggity dizamn, Christmas is almost over, haha. 3 weeks of working 6 days per week, 10 to 11 hours per day are over. I got off early today, and have a few rum and cokes in me. A good start.

as some of you know, i broke my ankle over the summer, which resulted in me getting a metal plate and a few screws out in. fast forward to now, and i find out that might disqualify me from enlisting, and at the very least from attending airborne school like i planned.

Plates and screws are.....definitely a hindrance to enlistment. You might be able to pass the physical for Basic, but you're bound to fail the one for Airborne. Jumping is supper tough on the ankles and knees, hence most of the Airborne training centers on landing on the ground correctly. The Army would probably think you wouldn't make it through the first week, if you were able to make it through Basic that is. Good luck though.

Are you looking into waivers? Like you said it might limit airborne, but there could be other "jobs" you could qualify for.

Sorry to hear that though bro, it could very well be a blessing in disguise. Airborne is rough on the knees..

I had my heart set on flying in the air force... Man I'm so glad that didn't work out... Turns out I hate even being on a plane.

I hope things work out for you bud!

Im going to go talk to a recruiter in the next couple weeks and look at my options. hopefully it works out. if im able to make it into the military, but not into airborne school, i might try and become a navy corpsman

Yep, lots of ways you can 'serve your country' (quotes for whatever it means to you) without throwing yourself at the ground and being shot at, both in and out of the military.

true... if the Military doesn't work out the id like to go either LEO or become a wild land fire fighter
Plates and screws are.....definitely a hindrance to enlistment. You might be able to pass the physical for Basic, but you're bound to fail the one for Airborne. Jumping is supper tough on the ankles and knees, hence most of the Airborne training centers on landing on the ground correctly. The Army would probably think you wouldn't make it through the first week, if you were able to make it through Basic that is. Good luck though.

this is most likely what will happen. but i cant give up on it just yet. Joining the military and going airborne has always been my dream, so ill do whatever i can to make it happen. my plan was to enlist after college because that will give me 4 more years to get ready

So when are we converging on Psyop's new place? I hear there's free beer.

Got the PS4 up and running...
My ID is JeepBlade444 if'n anyone wants to friend me.
I only have Star Wars Battlefront and just download Gauntlet Slayer Ed. for free! Get it if ya can. I've loved Gauntlet ever since it was in the arcade.

Got the green light for a PS4. Will pick one up after Christmas.

A bit late to the discussion, but I've recently bought an 18v Hilti drill and driver and have been incredibly impressed. I have two friends that are professional contractors and they swear by the brand. It's a privately owned company that still makes its products in Liechtenstein (folks often think they are based in Switzerland or Germany). Seriously good tools. Was talking to one of the reps and they said that the only thing they don't build in house is the Li-ion batteries. For that component they go to Panasonic who is regarded as a leader in that industry.

I also own a Hilti TE 4A hammer drill and have been using a Hilti TE 5A hammer drill for almost two decades.

Surprised the mighty biscuit doesn't have one of these:

[video=youtube;uimEMplkf34]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uimEMplkf34[/video]

All hands, all hands, general quarters, general quarters. Incoming sleigh detected on long range radar. Standby damage control. Officer of the deck report to radar room. Launch intercepts 1 and 3.

Psyche!! Merry Christmas!!

Last edited:
So I was outside earlier and I saw a military drone fly overhead so I shot it down. Turns out I was mistaken. Not to worry though, Santa only took one in the calf and I swapped a Chevy small block into the sled to replace the reindeer. Added a brushguard and some plating to the underside of the sleigh while I was at it. So all the deliveries should still get made and I got a bunch of good caribou meat. The magic really adds to the flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back