Snarkaholics Anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one ever asks me what I want for my birthday. Heck, I'm lucky if I'm consulted on what kind of cake I want. However, THIS year, I shoulda been suspicious when my b-in-l started asking me knife questions. NO ONE in my family ever does that. Then, a few weeks ago, he texted me asking questions about Kabar Kukri Machetes.. have I ever used one, why are they better or worse than something else,etc and then the coup de gras,
Did I have one?
Nope, one of the few Kabars I don't have.
Well, don't buy one.

60 may be a good year. :D:D

For Christmas, I just make a list of stuff I want for the shop and farm - jack stands, sprayer parts, peg board hooks, hack saw blades, drill bits, etc and hope someone looks at it.

AC -How's that CPAP working out? I've been using one for over 2 years and I've never slept better.

Happily, our harvesting has been over for 2 months. There's a few farmers with some cotton that still needs to be stripped that has been delayed due to rain (devaluing it significantly :( ).

The coal is going OK I guess. I've only had a machine for a week now, so I'm still adjusting to timeI havent noticed any change in how I feel so far, but I guess that will come with time. The first days were rough, but now I'm getting to sleep easier. My machine is an auto adjusting one and the low end was too low, so I wasn't getting enough air. I figured out how to bump that pressure up, so I'm able to get to sleep quickly.

We ended up having a bit of rain come through and had a breakdown, so we ended up shutting down way before we expected. I was happy to head home. We can get that field finished Monday or Tuesday. After that there is a bunch of corn to combine......I believe around 1,500 acres and then harvest is done.

So my daughter asked me and her momma to get her a bar of soap to make a diamond... And we THOUGHT she was going to carve a diamond out of soap because she is very crafty, she can draw, she is always making things, painting, etc... So we just figured she wanted to carve some soap.... But NO.

She seen this video....

[video=youtube;DLkXZdxkXZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLkXZdxkXZU[/video]

Come to find out she is pretty naive too LMAO

Lol! That's pretty funny ww. I got some good stories from when I was a kid but gotta get back to work. Maybe tomorrow.

Morning!

inlaws took the older kids last night so the wife and could go out on a date. only going out with the baby is sooo easy lol. Now me and 'lil tank' are watching the walking dead marathon!

Sounds like an awesome way to spend a lazy morning! I just got home from work so I'm about to crash for a few hours then it's FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL!!!
G ' night y'all.

I may do yet another hike at Carpenter Park today. Not sure yet.

Just saw a funny story on local TV. After a rash of home invasion style break-ins targeting elderly folks, a woman that lived by herself kept a golf club beside her chair for self defense. Oh, and she kept the head of it laying on top of her kerosene heater. Yep, it happened. Two men. They smacked her around pretty good but she managed to fight them off. Also made them easy to identify with "Ben Hogan" brands... I love it.

Just saw a funny story on local TV. After a rash of home invasion style break-ins targeting elderly folks, a woman that lived by herself kept a golf club beside her chair for self defense. Oh, and she kept the head of it laying on top of her kerosene heater. Yep, it happened. Two men. They smacked her around pretty good but she managed to fight them off. Also made them easy to identify with "Ben Hogan" brands... I love it.
Haha, awesome. :thumbup:

That's a fine looking man right there TBL. Happy too. He's a brute.

Thank you sir. It may be the experience I've gained as a parent or it could be him....but for #3 hes the easiest so far (knocks on wood). If genetics hold true for him, he'll also be the biggest!

Good for her!

Several years ago in Wausau some junkie girl tried to rob a check-cashing place with a BB pistol. The guy behind the counter realized he could probably live through getting shot with a BB, so he reached across the counter and punched her smack in the kisser... she ran off. Cops later caught her and positively id'ed her as the culprit by security camera footage - and by matching her "smile" with the chunk of tooth she left laying on the floor. :D

Actually, that's me... I'm near Bartlett, about 30 miles south of Zabcikville. Dex is in/near Boerne, about 170 miles south of Z-ville.

I thought it was closer since I recall seeing a sign to Boerne somewhere east of Cameron....but then again, many in Texas consider 170 miles to be close...just a couple hour drive, give or take...

Sooo... the Daizee Rule of Internet Food Photography is that if you can't tell from the picture if it's coming or going, don't post it...
Some dishes absolutely need to be professionally 'plated' (this is one), and others should never be photographed.
For instance: Chili - NEVER show a picture of chili unless it's covered in melted cheese with some little green garnish on top. Else it looks like dog puke.

Lesson #1 from drawing/painting/etc.: Learn to see what is actually there, not what your mind interprets is there. The camera only see the reflected photons...

Since Daizee took exception to the spicy squid a few pages back (I'm assuming the kimchee was okay), let me post two possible photos for his critique...

Ribeye steak, loaded baked potato, pineapple coleslaw. At the Edge of Texas Steakhouse and Saloon, Hwy 54 north of El Paso, just before you cross into New Mexico.

This is as it was delivered to my table. To me, the potato fixin's in a bowl on top of the potato looked odd.

attachment.php

So I put the goodies on the potato and took another photo. Spilled a little cheese and got rid of the nasty green decoration since I wasn't going to eat that. Maybe I should have tidied up the spillage and left the green... Whatcha think Daizee?

attachment.php

The food was decent, by the way, but I wouldn't call it awesome. It was a good break from cooking in my hotel room though. The pineapple slaw was my favorite item...creamy and sweet.

Murph may or may not have posted a contest in somebodies sub forum. :rolleyes: anybodies welcome. Givin away free shit!.

Murph may or may not have posted a contest in somebodies sub forum. :rolleyes: anybodies welcome. Givin away free shit!.

I may have!

I finally got around to tasting Biscuit's Yazoo, would pair well with his nuts.

So my daughter asked me and her momma to get her a bar of soap to make a diamond... And we THOUGHT she was going to carve a diamond out of soap because she is very crafty, she can draw, she is always making things, painting, etc... So we just figured she wanted to carve some soap.... But NO.

She seen this video....

[video=youtube;DLkXZdxkXZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLkXZdxkXZU[/video]

Come to find out she is pretty naive too LMAO

but you CAN make plasma with grapes :D

well, rabbit chili. ain't that something.

mmm.

btw, if you microwave a solid bar of IVORY soap, it kinda gets fuzzy. or something.

there's entire pages of hacks to do with microwaves and stuff.

with surprising results sometimes.

like marshmallow peeps

but you CAN make plasma with grapes :D

I just tried it with a purple grape but it just sizzled LMAO

Ivory soap turns into a foam that expands more than 6 times its original size. We just did it. My kids thought it was awesome.

Coconut water can be used for blood plasma. For real though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back