Snarkaholics Anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are just messed up :(

Is it weird that I'm wondering what kinda knife he used...normally a tool to process lettuces or other vegetables...
Yeah, it's weird. I'm wondering how any human bean could have the conviction (of whatever drives them) to use a knife in that fashion. Which makes me think they're NOT a human being. Not even animal; predators don't kill out of anger. Just.....broken beyond repair.

.....and then the snark took a final, rattling breath and cursed at the fun of those damned Beckerheads in Tennessee....I am really looking forward to the Northeast Gathering. 3 more weeks to go. I'm working on some maple scales I made a year ago but never finished. They're going onto the 5 I won in the raffle at last year's Gathering.

15362179481_2ce773df16_b.jpg

15342334886_54a8172376_b.jpg

15178827297_633cb621e9_b.jpg

Now for some dye to see if I can get the curl to pop a little more. Then finish. Of course, I'm gonna have to strip the blade as well....but I think this time I'm gonna leave the coating on underneath the scales.

Very nice gsom. :thumbup:

Holy crap WW... I just always imagined Philly like just the show "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" but apparently its like the show but with more shootings. I bet you are glad you are getting out of there! Thats really sad and messed up.

Yah, there is a lot of people crying out about some sort of extremist conspiracy because of the mans religion, but I think this was just a case of a guy raging out... Really sad for the victims and their families.

And yes I am an Okie. Born and raised and raising my own now! lol

Those are purdy maple scales!
Very nice gsom. :thumbup:

Thanks! Hopefully they'll still look good after the black dye, some sanding and a semi-gloss urethane. Dye job:

15178791509_b80cdc1049_b.jpg

I'd be working on my "Fighting 7" if everyone wasn't asleep....and I hadn't been drinking a little beer. I'm getting ready, tho. Always takes a little...idaknow...courage, I guess, to take a chance of ruining a perfectly good knife. I always get going with the drawings, then I gotta let it settle a while (sometimes months) before I take it to the grinder. Of course the 4 was different, because I kinda knew already what that was gonna turn out like.

15178963778_39651b9f2b_b.jpg

Hopefully I'll be happy with it once it's done...because I haven't figured out a way to add steel once it's been removed.

Awesome stuff GSOM!!

IWHAF, its nothing like that show LOL, and there is no brotherly love here either for being the city of brotherly love.

Here is something completely unpractical that i wanna/gunna make. Its about 1/2" SMALLER than the mini Todd made for me. Hopefully i can get it profiled out by the end of the weekend. But its so small its hard to work on LOL

15179173257_242ece879b.jpg

If my stomach wasnt all cramped up right now id be doing some filing trying to finish up the bevels on the 2nd knife. At least finish ONE side of it. Im sitting bent over in my chair now. When i sit straight up the pain is a lot worse. Took a laxative, as instructed in my discharge paperwork, but thats not helping yet. I have already had 2 (white) bowel movements anyway.

Not exactly what I had envisioned, but it'll work....mostly because I'm not going to make another set just yet. This is after a 400 grit sanding and a coat of wipe-on satin urethane Gonna be about a dozen more coats before they're done.

15179122198_bdca8094b7_b.jpg

15179189457_be2b11409f_b.jpg

Part of the problem is that I didn't use the best piece of curly maple as these were some first attempts (I made them about a year ago...). Practice, practice, practice. Luckily wood is relatively inexpensive, and scales are small....

Here is something completely unpractical that i wanna/gunna make. Its about 1/2" SMALLER than the mini Todd made for me. Hopefully i can get it profiled out by the end of the weekend. But its so small its hard to work on LOL

15179173257_242ece879b.jpg

If my stomach wasnt all cramped up right now id be doing some filing trying to finish up the bevels on the 2nd knife. At least finish ONE side of it. Im sitting bent over in my chair now. When i sit straight up the pain is a lot worse. Took a laxative, as instructed in my discharge paperwork, but thats not helping yet. I have already had 2 (white) bowel movements anyway.
Bummer about the mierda blanco. That's what we used to call "poop panic" when the kids were really little. At the risk of TMI, had some blue BM's after eating some blue raspberry Twizzlers....now that was interesting.

WWWWD? I like the looks of the little micro RMJ lookalike. Hope your gut feels better soon. Last time I had that experience, I was "cleaning out" for a colonoscopy (50th birthday present - YAY!) and ended up turning a herniated L4-L5 disc into a ruptured L4-L5 disc. Now that was the exact opposite of fun.

Heal up soon, bud.

I think they look awesome gsom. Really cool.

Bummer about the mierda blanco. That's what we used to call "poop panic" when the kids were really little. At the risk of TMI, had some blue BM's after eating some blue raspberry Twizzlers....now that was interesting.

WWWWD? I like the looks of the little micro RMJ lookalike. Hope your gut feels better soon. Last time I had that experience, I was "cleaning out" for a colonoscopy (50th birthday present - YAY!) and ended up turning a herniated L4-L5 disc into a ruptured L4-L5 disc. Now that was the exact opposite of fun.

Heal up soon, bud.

Thanks man, I had to drink barium for the upper GI series i took today and that causes the white bowel movements. They told me id experience that, but never said id be cramped up and stuff.

And your dead on, i always wanted an RMJ Berserker... But the price is way more than i could justify. So i just drew up a small similar hawk!! I was wondering if anyone would notice that LMAO

Ill likely round out underneath the head, the little point opposite of the beard would be a pain.

Awesome stuff GSOM!!

IWHAF, its nothing like that show LOL, and there is no brotherly love here either for being the city of brotherly love.
Don't ruin it for me WW! It's funnier to think of Philly with a drunken Danny DeVito running around with the gang getting into shenanigans!

BTW Dr. Google says white BMs are a sign of liver failure. But its probably just from the GI exam or ghosts....uh... :eek: SNARK!

I GOT SOME GOOD NEWS! I scored a Becker Patrol Pack in a trade on another forum. I guess it was just dumb luch that I spotted the pack and had something to trade that the guy really wanted. :D :D :D !!!!

IWHAF - what part of OK are you from. I got family in OKC, Moore, Shawnee, Tulsa and Broken Bow/Arrow? not sure which but it's near Tulsa.

BTW Dr. Google says white BMs are a sign of liver failure. But its probably just from the GI exam or ghosts....uh... :eek: SNARK!

Thanks. Now im going to go into full hypochondriac mode. :mad:

LOL, just kidding. Dr google will also tell you barium does the same thing. Now if these cramps dont stop by monday ill for sure be headed back up to the VA.

It was kind of cool watching the stuff flow through my esophagus and into my stomach. The doctor tried to keep the screen where i could watch it the entire time too. I could see my stomach, intestines, and all. But that barium drink was the heaviest liquid i ever had to drink. Chugging it wasnt an easy task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back