Snarking at the speed of sludge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
These bottle openers from Keffeler are AWESOME!!!

14920294303_6d9347ea5b.jpg

Will have to put it to use this weekend :D

4.5" Angle grinder... Dewalt or Makita ??

Or it doesnt really matter for just cutting steel to size occasionally go cheap as i can find?

Damn, was just saying how slow the snark thread was, and wake up to page 2 of the new one, haha.

Do you have a Harbor Freight close?
I have a Harbor Freight grinder. ;) Works very well.

Good morning everyone! Time for some breakfast then hit the field for start of test.... yeeehaaaa....

Hmmph. Sitting in the bank parking lot waiting for them to open. I can see them inside just chatting.......... supposed to have opened 5 minutes ago...........bitches :mad:

Last edited:
Good morning to you too Mr. Sunshine! I'm 'bout to get my first cup of really good coffee in a really long time. :thumbup:!!!

Hmmph. Sitting in the back parking lot waiting for them to open. I can see them inside just chatting.......... supposed to have opened 5 minutes ago...........bitches :mad:

Sounds like the post office here. There doors open at 8, but the windows dont open till 9.... Well thats when they are suppose to open anyway but a lot of times it will be 9:20 or so before they actually start helping customers. You can see them back there chatting away having a good ol time too. I normally try and get there at 8:50ish... There is ALWAYS a line no matter what time i go so i try and be one of the first few people, but it always annoys me they dont actually open when they say they open.

I guess I'm in now.

Hmmph. Sitting in the bank parking lot waiting for them to open. I can see them inside just chatting.......... supposed to have opened 5 minutes ago...........bitches :mad:

:grumpy:

That's about like hurrying to the bank with a large check to deposit only to see them lock the door as you're pulling in..... 8 mins before closing.

In on two like the kewl kids do.

4.5" Angle grinder... Dewalt or Makita ??

Or it doesnt really matter for just cutting steel to size occasionally go cheap as i can find?

I can't say for certain, but unfortunately most brand names don't mean a whole lot anymore unless you get into really high-end stuff. There's a good chance those are made in the same (Chinese) factory with the same motor. I'd go with whichever store has the best return policy, not necessarily the brand name. I got my angle grinder at HF.

However, I will say this: the name-brand (3M or Norton) cut-off disks are definitely worth the extra money (they last way, way longer than the ones at HF/Lowes/HD etc.). I ordered mine through MSC; check them or Enco... Enco is owned by the same company but often has better sales and free shipping; they're just not as fast.

Shouldn't this question be in the making/modding thread where it will help more people? ;) snark.

Who the heck goes to the bank or PO anymore? I haven't been inside a bank in a couple years and my PO has a 24/7 self-serve lobby... Drag yer knuckles into the 21st century, guys :p :D snark.

Problem is, those draggin' knuckles slow ya down. Don't wanna overshoot and hurl yerself inta the 22nd century by accident.

Who the heck goes to the bank or PO anymore? I haven't been inside a bank in a couple years and my PO has a 24/7 self-serve lobby... Drag yer knuckles into the 21st century, guys :p :D snark.

I havent been in any bank in YEARS either. But the post office is a different story. I dont have a printer or id print labels and have boxes picked up... But id still need to go there to get money orders to pay bills. I pay most stuff online but the rent and my land payment in FL cant be paid online so i get MO for those. I dont have a bank account to write checks. I get my disability pension on a prepaid type MasterCard and thats that.

There is a 24/7 kiosk in center city, but my wife doesnt like driving there and thats further than i care to walk... Last time i took public transportation i got off and walked 5 miles home because i couldnt take being crammed between ignorant people yelling and screaming. Id rather walk, bike, or wait for the wife to drive me somewhere. And i only take the bike when i know for a fact im only going to be in somewhere a short time.... I know so many people that had their bikes stolen, the chains cut and left right on the ground. I once seen a guy selling bolt cutters on the side of the road for 15 bucks each... He should of been arrested for masterminding theft.

I used a self kiosk the first time over the weekend, but the wife drove outside the city to that one to avoid the issues with center city... Traffic, finding and paying for parking etc.

Ill reply to the rest in the other thread LOL

btw, I really liked those Helle blades, Dres. Gotta make me some pukkos and learn to do a proper scandi grind on a full-length blade.

Thanks buddy!

That makes two of use. I would love to make a neck knife with a scandi grind. I love my convex edges but a small scandi knife would be great. If you do one I'd like to pick your brain about it.

Jeremy

man, this is the speed of FROZEN sludge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back