Snarking at the speed of sludge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how many bushels/acre you all are getting up there? Just curious.

I believe that we are at about 125 bushels an acre so far.

ETA: I believe their yield is usually a bit higher but this year we didint get a lot of heat and had a killer frost way earlier than normal.

Last edited:
stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together

but only one of them knows about it

Started harvesting corn today. Holy cow, I didn't realize it yielded so much per acre. We did 136 acres and the scale in the tractor I'm running said I ran 1,149,500lbs of corn through it.

Do you know how many bushels/acre you all are getting up there? Just curious.

At 56 pounds to the bushel, that would work out to a smidgen over 150.9 bushels to the acres, a pretty good yield. We only got an average of about 120 b/acre due to the drought, and deer damage caused some yields to be as little as 20 bushels to the acre where the droughty corn was also severely stripped by deer.

Statewide estimated yield is projected to be 148b/a this year, so we were below average. With out the deer, we would have been close to average.

How much do y'all lose to hogs? I've been hearing some terrible stories from east Texas.

Dozing in and out of consciousness... Looking at getting a Himalayan block of salt, a smoker, and a sous vide machine... Today I just got a burger press and store thingy that is pretty badass. It will help me make my perfect burgers, better.

Dozing in and out of consciousness... Looking at getting a Himalayan block of salt, a smoker, and a sous vide machine... Today I just got a burger press and store thingy that is pretty badass. It will help me make my perfect burgers, better.

A friend recently got a nice sous vide machine. Definitely worth the money! Which one are you looking at?

Looks like a Beckerhead (#153) is in a real battle for his life. He doesn't come around here much anymore, but he's quite a guy. Sure hope this has a good outcome.

Looks like a Beckerhead (#153) is in a real battle for his life. He doesn't come around here much anymore, but he's quite a guy. Sure hope this has a good outcome.
Wow, I had no idea. I'm the one that got OLJ to sign up here. Met him at BCUSA.

Damn. Hopefully he is able to pull through. He seemed like a pretty good guy when he was posting here a lot.

A friend recently got a nice sous vide machine. Definitely worth the money! Which one are you looking at?
Looking at an Anova, same one our "illustrious leader" (Bladite) has. Trying to decide between the stick and my own vessel or an all in one unit. The fact the stick unit is half the price ($165) is dammed impressive.

Smoke and prayers! It seems like they caught it fairly early, let's just hope early enough!

OlJ used to post some cool videos too. Hope he pulls through. Will keep him in my prayers.

Man that really puts things in perspective. I can't imagine what his family is going through.
Smoke & prayers.....

How much do y'all lose to hogs? I've been hearing some terrible stories from east Texas.

Hogs are wiping out portions of some crops way east of here (east of the Brazos River). They've started damaging crops here in central Texas a few years ago, but the damage is spotty. On our property, we've had no specific hog damage, but just a 1/4 mile down the creek fields have been plowed up overnight. At that location, the owner and some friends of his (such as one of my cousins) have shot between 20 and 30 hogs this year (my cousin accounted for 14, but he doesn't know how many all the others have shot).

They did a helicopter hog hunt last year in Milam county and shot over 200. The pilot said he saw at least another 200 that got away.

One biologist said that if we could kill out 80% of the population, we could stay even. :eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back