Snarking in a Becker Wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for your wife. Sounds like your employer sucks. I know it’s way easier said than done, but maybe look elsewhere. You don’t deserve to be treated badly.
I look online, and get emails daily about available jobs, but most don't start out at what I'm making. Also, I'm 55, and a lot of places want young people, although I work circles around most young people. They're to busy checking their phones to get any work done.

I look online, and get emails daily about available jobs, but most don't start out at what I'm making. Also, I'm 55, and a lot of places want young people, although I work circles around most young people. They're to busy checking their phones to get any work done.
I know that tune, all too well! :D We are pretty much from the same generation.

was warmer when I woke up than when I went to bed.
caught up with the rain on my way to work.
currently it's half rain, half big snowflakes.
they're calling for 3-5" of really wet, slushy snow by 7am.

smoker is smoking, dogs are inside sleeping, barn cats are outside complaining.

The wife and I have next week off. We were gonna head to the cabin tonight, and wake up to the snow, but decided to play it safe and stay home for a few days.

I wish we were getting some of that weather. It's been an absolutely boring winter up here. Not much snow to play with, snowblower is sitting all pretty and bored in the garage, and the new (to me) 4WD vehicle hasn't been tested out yet.

it's looking like single digit weather tonite, furnace is likely to run near continuously as the temps PLUNGE

am tempted to drive 99 miles to a "wood working show" in western MA, but i'm also tempted to sleep in, rest up, put some tools together, and MAKE SOME SHIT

but you know, we'll see. though, likely, home time wins i think

Wife got called into the office today, fearing the worst, and ended up getting a 3 dollar per hour raise. She's worked there for 5 years, and now makes more than I do, after working my job for 18 years. Must be nice to work for a company that appreciates hard work. I bust my ass everyday, and they could give a sh*t less. While I'm happy, and proud of her, it makes me hate my workplace that much more. They're even retro paying her the raise from November 11th of last year.
50/50 Right Dubz. So that means you got a 1.50 an hour raise.

Gonna be a wet day at work tomorrow, maybe old smokey will get some fresh snow.
1MqBOnK.jpg

Onnacounta that is the closest I'll get to white stuff round hyere to try out these new to me Mickey boots. Some 20 year old deck boots for comparison.
4OxQoMn.jpg

p4DlA25.jpg

woke up to 5" of snow and unplowed roads. decided to stay home. breakfast was coffee and "red-eye" cheese grits with diced smoked pork. road still not plowed and the snow has started back up -- they're calling for another 1-2", but this will be more fluffy than last nights extremely heavy/wet drop.
thinking about scraping it all into a pile with the tractor and seeing if I have enough to dig out a quinzee.

Winter seems to have given way to Spring here. It's way too early for even us.

2d56tbo

XRk3d76

Grrr.... Someone needs to teach me how to make Flickr or Imgur work from my phone apps.

Until then the annoying PB watermark

IMG_20190112_120230547_HDR_zpszgpn9kol.jpg

I'm actually jealous of the frozen stuff. (For about a week.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back