Snarking in a Becker Wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, Chris is good folks - and still makes the occasional knife, but life got in the way and he had to choose between the hobby and the family.

yeah, Chris is good folks - and still makes the occasional knife, but life got in the way and he had to choose between the hobby and the family.
Had no idea he made anything these days. I frequented he and Bill's forum quite often. Ghost town there now.

I stripped my 10 and 11... forced a patina with mustard... I think my mustard is broken. They say 15 to 20 minutes for patina... im going on forever... I'll post final results.
In the Show off your Beckers thread...

Been awhile since I snarked. Is it the first two fingers and a thumb or the whole hand?
Just the middle finger for you, haha. Old timers around here will get that. ;)

Getting some snow here.

Ancestrydotcom is pretty awesome. Through my great grandmother, on my mother's side, I've traced my lineage back to England, to the 1500's, to my 14th great grandfather. So far, every ancestor I've traced out of country, has taken me to Scotland, England, and Ireland.

Ancestrydotcom is pretty awesome. Through my great grandmother, on my mother's side, I've traced my lineage back to England, to the 1500's, to my 14th great grandfather. So far, every ancestor I've traced out of country, has taken me to Scotland, England, and Ireland.
Make that my 17th Great grandfather. Born in 1416, in England.

according to the thermometer on my front porch it's -0 already.
I'm guessing it'll get below our forecast -3. (and -20 WC)

according to the thermometer on my front porch it's -0 already.
I'm guessing it'll get below our forecast -3. (and -20 WC)
About the same for us tonight.

Ordered a bk 21! Canโ€™t wait.
Im also doing a trade for a 10! Been wanting to try both for some time now.
The weather is wild. We were hit hard with floods last week. Power was out from tuesday to friday. I was stuck for 2 days not able to get out because the river and creeks were over the road and the massive mudslides made it impossible.

was -4f with a -20 WC when the alarm went off - so I called in for 1/2 day of vacation and went back to sleep.
(I had warned the boss on Friday that if it was cold enough I wasn't tossing the dogs outside for 10 hours)
had a nice "mountain man" skillet made from homemade bacon and prepared using a Becker knife, 1/2 pot of coffee, and put the first coat of finish on the bench box I started on Saturday. (12' of 1x12, 20 rosehead nails, and some glue)

Freakin brakes went out on me, on the way home from work. They were very stiff, got to the stop sign, tried pumping them a bit, then it gave all of a sudden, ad the pedal went to the floor. Luckily, I was only a few blocks from home. Added a little fluid to it, and tried pumping them a bit, but there was nothing there. Backed out, and could see the fluid in the snow, by the driver rear wheel. Woo hoo. Drove it to the service station, and walked home. A good way to end my crappy day at work.

Freakin brakes went out on me, on the way home from work. They were very stiff, got to the stop sign, tried pumping them a bit, then it gave all of a sudden, ad the pedal went to the floor. Luckily, I was only a few blocks from home. Added a little fluid to it, and tried pumping them a bit, but there was nothing there. Backed out, and could see the fluid in the snow, by the driver rear wheel. Woo hoo. Drove it to the service station, and walked home. A good way to end my crappy day at work.

Maybe somebody didn't want you snooping to far back into your ancestory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back