Snarking in a Becker Wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
hunting was grim -- cold, wet wind from the NW with frequent enough gusts it was rocking the tree and just about put me to sleep a time or 2....
only heard 1 gunshot around 2:30 or 3.
at 4:30, I gave up and started walking back out.
at 4:40, I walked past a tree and surprised a small doe about 30 yards away and a bit uphill.
she looked at me, I looked at her, shouldered, fired, and dropped her in place.
punched a shoulder & shattered her spine -- when I loaded her up in the tractor I discovered "she" was actually a button.

used the BK62 to dress it out and skin it.
Hanging in a buddy's garage tonight, I'll quarter it tomorrow after work.

self-quoting -- don't worry, I'll wash my hands in a minute.....

buddy didn't mind, so I left Bambi hanging and chilling until today - used the BK62 to debone him this afternoon.
it did a really good job, but no longer shaves arm hair, so it's time to strop it.
got 26 pounds of meat, ground up 15 pounds of it 80/20 mix with bacon -- at that point, I was hungry so the inner loins were chopped up and pan fried in bacon grease with an onion for supper.

They're not expensive, "THEY'RE SPARTA!!!" :mad:
Might make neat cufflinks. :D

Last edited:
Awesome night. Was home from work for about an hour, and someone knocks on the front door. Answered it, and it was my son for a visit from Colorado. Had no idea he was even coming. Haven't seen him for quite some time. In typical fashion, he had me about pissing my pants from laughter. Wittiest person I've ever known. Just like old times. Gonna be here until the 16th, then he heads back to start his new job in New Mexico.

Well, that's great Dubz! :D Have a Merry Christmas ya'll!
~~
Withering rain day, freakin' unicorn in SoCal to get a soaking rain day, and welcome that. My feet were soaked in my year old work boots just standing out in it all day. A body would think to come in out of the rain... 'cept for bosses. o_O

Awesome night. Was home from work for about an hour, and someone knocks on the front door. Answered it, and it was my son for a visit from Colorado. Had no idea he was even coming. Haven't seen him for quite some time. In typical fashion, he had me about pissing my pants from laughter. Wittiest person I've ever known. Just like old times. Gonna be here until the 16th, then he heads back to start his new job in New Mexico.
Good for you Brother enjoy your time with him

Damn-it.... My Leatherman Wave has gone AWOL somewhere out behind the house. I've never lost a knife before and I really liked that one.
I'm not giving up on it yet, but I was so tempted by the closeout Wave+ heritage packs at REI just now.

Thanks guys, been having a blast. Been over a year since I've seen him. We had a nice meal tonight, then broke out the Maker's Mark, and put one on, haha. Cigars followed. Great time.

And what the heck, Gunyon gets greeted with "oh finally down off the mountain" and I get you giving me guff?

The Gunyon, and the Derek returneth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back