Snarking On A Tropical Becker Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been absent for awhile. When was the last time we did a giveaway, and what did we do it for?

there have been some sheath giveaways done by makers -- and I think a couple of used knife giveaways - but it's been a while since the last "official" giveaway.
There have been some very cool GAWs in the last few months. My last GAW was not for used knives. They were all new.

DerekH DerekH , off the top of my head (and within the past 12 months) I can recall @Pàdruig ran a GAW for a BK10, the Becker West Crew has run two generous GAWs, @azwelke regularly runs BK16 kydex GAWs, @Makael ran an incredible multi sheath GAW for the BK62 and an earlier GAW for an amazing BK9 sheath, and I ran a GAW for dyed micarta scales, followed by a multi knife GAW, and most recently, the GAW of destruction (which was more fun than an actual GAW). My apologies if I left a GAW out. This list also does not reflect the many acts of kindness that have been exhibited, like knives and gear showing up to people unexpectedly. How @knifejunkie1928 and The Warrior The Warrior created and distributed a new patch. In short, this board rocks! :thumbsup:

I do not recall an official GAW but the Beckerheads have really stepped up and given back to the community. :thumbsup:

DerekH DerekH , off the top of my head (and within the past 12 months) I can recall @Pàdruig ran a GAW for a BK10, the Becker West Crew has run two generous GAWs, @azwelke regularly runs BK16 kydex GAWs, @Makael ran an incredible multi sheath GAW for the BK62 and an earlier GAW for an amazing BK9 sheath, and I ran a GAW for dyed micarta scales, followed by a multi knife GAW, and most recently, the GAW of destruction (which was more fun than an actual GAW). My apologies if I left a GAW out. This list also does not reflect the many acts of kindness that have been exhibited, like knives and gear showing up to people unexpectedly. How @knifejunkie1928 and The Warrior The Warrior created and distributed a new patch. In short, this board rocks! :thumbsup:

I do not recall an official GAW but the Beckerheads have really stepped up and given back to the community. :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy!

Retrieved a nice Black Walnut log from one of my SILs house for one of my other SIL. My wife has 6 sisters. Loaded this up and took it to a small local saw mill to be cut and kiln dried. My Wife's baby sister is going to make the lumber into a kitchen table.
The Brute cut it quite cleanly. ;)

I went thru 4 ceramic belts on my KO. But that 20° convex edge is the bomb. I put micarta scales on it yesterday and it really shines now. Those Cam scales on .250 steel was just to to thick for me.
The Cam scales on the 21 ;) :) A perfect match for my hand size :D
I had these made to Cam specifications. It made for a much more relaxed grip hold and control . The heavy blade and the thinner kabar scales made me have to try squeeze to hang on . The little difference made a huge difference in comfort and control :thumbsup::thumbsup:
IMG_4354.JPG

Last edited:
The Cam scales on the 21 ;) :) A perfect match for my hand size :D
I had these made to Cam specifications. It made for a much more relaxed grip hold and control . The heavy blade and the thinner kabar scales made me have to try squeeze to hang on . The little difference made a huge difference in comfort and control :thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1125204
Those scales Look Awesome. Im gonna try the Cams on my 21. Your right about the current Becker scales on the 21 It gets a little squirrely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back