Snarking On A Tropical Becker Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, it is nice looking. It's an '06, with 122,000 on it. About all I can afford. They're asking $7495 for it, and I'm hoping to beat them up on price by a minimum of $1000. It's not 4wd, it's 2wd. Ford F-150 STX. It's pretty basic. Rubber floors, which I actually prefer. Don't have to worry about muddy boots. Tow package, a/c, etc. No power windows, or door locks, which, tbh, I could care less about. It looks to me by the photos, that the camper shell is too long also. I asked the guy about it, and he said it fit, but I think otherwise.

Went down to look at it, and drive it. Nope.

Didn't start right up, but I thought to myself that perhaps it hadn't been started for a bit. The guy told me the body was clean, but it was rusting in the fender wells. The camper shell wasn't the right fit for the truck. It was too long, and too wide. The guy told me it fit. You could see the gap in the rear view mirror. When you hit a bump, the whole driver door rattled big time. I stopped on the village square, to get out and look at it better. Got back in, and could barely get it to start. It had a trailer brake in it, so I'm guessing it was used a lot for towing, etc. Nope...

CBear sighting!!
DAIZEE! HOLY JEEBUS! Missed you sir... You still making? You make anything new? I still got all my R-n-RK&T blades from you, looks like I need to get one of the new company too!

daizee sighting, too!!
And a random Wayne sighting too!!!

Didn't start right up, but I thought to myself that perhaps it hadn't been started for a bit. The guy told me the body was clean, but it was rusting in the fender wells. The camper shell wasn't the right fit for the truck. It was too long, and too wide. The guy told me it fit. You could see the gap in the rear view mirror. When you hit a bump, the whole driver door rattled big time. I stopped on the village square, to get out and look at it better. Got back in, and could barely get it to start. It had a trailer brake in it, so I'm guessing it was used a lot for towing, etc. Nope...
Sucks it didn't work out. I keep toying with the idea of getting a truck but in my current locale that is NOT a good fit. Probably going to happen anyway when I pay off my car.

Sucks it didn't work out. I keep toying with the idea of getting a truck but in my current locale that is NOT a good fit. Probably going to happen anyway when I pay off my car.
I like having a truck, much easier for me to get in and out of, plus, of course, nice to haul stuff. I was thinking of an SUV type vehicle, but think if I got one, I'd regret it. They do get better gas mileage though. I was looking at the Chevy Equinox. The 4 cylinder version gets 32 mpg on the highway, which is twice what I get in my current 6 cylinder F-150.

Chevy has really stepped up their game as of late.
My brother has a 1994 Chevy king cab 4x4. He bought it from his father in law with 169,xxx on it. At 368,xxx it still ran okay, but he came across a crate motor for $1200, which his boss installed for him for free. Last time I asked about it, it has 378,xxx on it. Been a hell of a good truck.

Thats a lot of miles. Dubz just get a box truck and baton off the top. That'd fit you and your collection of giant neck knives.
Hey, that's good thinking. :thumbsup:

Chevy has really stepped up their game as of late.
My wife got herself a Chevy ZR2 a couple of months ago after I totalled her Pathfinder. She loves it. 3.8L gas. Chevy wanted $3800 more for the 4 cyl Duramax diesel. It's lacking in ponies so she stayed with gas. But 87 octane is recommended instead of the pathfinder 93 and about the same milage.

To bad Dubz, It definitely looked good. To bad you cant get a used 15 F150 with 2.7 Twin turbo. Probably a little out of your price range. Tell you what that truck can boogy, I love mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back