Snarking On A Tropical Becker Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
commemorativo used to be my go-to tequila. good price, nice flavor.
how is the appleton estate? I've heard good things about it, but have never tried it.

The Commemorativo came back with me from Puerto Vallarta about 12 years ago. I’ll have to try it soon. The Appleton came back from Montego Bay about 10 years ago. I had their Reserve too. Both are good, the Reserve was better. :thumbsup:

I got a bit tired of the whitish look of the standard Kabar micarta, so I'm leaving my BK11 scales in some coffee overnight. I've put some izula scales that I have on my 24 in there as well. It probably won't stain super hard but I'm curious nonetheless. If it works fine I'm gonna try the esee cr2.5 scales as well.

Charging my EDC's :D

IMG_20190610_091022-small.jpg

I got a bit tired of the whitish look of the standard Kabar micarta, so I'm leaving my BK11 scales in some coffee overnight. I've put some izula scales that I have on my 24 in there as well. It probably won't stain super hard but I'm curious nonetheless. If it works fine I'm gonna try the esee cr2.5 scales as well.

Seems like it's going well. Definitely some stain there. I'll leave it in overnight and dry 'em up tomorrow morning.

Saturday, I ordered an electric Remington pole saw, which was home when I got off work today. Opened it up, snapped the 2 sections of the pole together, then noticed the clasp was broken on the pole, that allows the slide to unlock. Great. The two pole sections don't come undone once you put them together, as a safety feature. Contacted the zon, and wanted a refund, but explained that I couldn't get the pole apart. They gave me a number for Remington, to see if there was some "secret" way of getting it undone. Called them up, and long story short, they're sending me a whole new saw. They told me to keep the other one, which is nice, because you can take the saw off the pole, and use it as a regular chain saw. Not to mention, I can still use it on the pole, just can't use the bottom slide, but still can the top. A pain in the ass, but ended up getting a great deal.

...or it didn't happen. :p

~~Flamin' hot here today, since yesterday. It's pushing triples ***.

Well, once it dries out again of course the darkness faints a bit. Though the scales did get a tad more yellow/brownish in them.
Here's before (like last year)

KGINEHw.jpg

And here's now
64D8Qle.jpg

5YSfKP3.jpg

I know, I know. Different lighting conditions and all that. There was still some red wine left and I was in doubt of pouring some of that in as well, but I don't feel like having burgundy scales would be that awesome.

Edit: that esee was brand new in that pic from last year. Seems like it developed a nice patina. Cool to see, imo.

I've searched the webz to no avail. I need a replacement sheath for a Helle GT I picked up.

Sup Warrior!! Im alive. Hope you guys have been well.

Im still mostly just fishing, hanging out with the family and dogs, and off roading as much as i can. I start school in August, doing automotive technology for 2 years, then ill be looking into a paint and body workshop classes and an intro into welding.... Just as a hobby really. Id like to build my own off road buggies. But need to learn a bunch of basics before i can.

Lots of fishing lately, from my kayaks and a few months ago i bought a 2019 tracker panfish stick steer boat. 16' with a 40hp 4 stroke. Great for the rivers and lakes around here. Not big or super fast but a great little fishing boat.

Dogs are good, Lycan is a dang monster, weighing as much as me and just as tall on his back legs. He scares everyone away LOL. Not friendly at all to strangers but great with the family. Battle and Neko are great with anyone. At least people. Battle doesnt like small animals, cats, rabbits, etc. But they are all great dogs.... Battle is my favorite LOL

48057453011_613fc95eba.jpg

48057554102_d343bdfa4a_z.jpg

48057562367_50e19edceb_z.jpg

48057512613_5c8a4731e1_z.jpg

48057512483_d271e7c0dc_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back