Snarking On A Tropical Becker Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a few spectacularly bad days. Thursday night one of the my coworkers passed away at 41. Easily one of the best people I've ever known. Left behind a young son and his wife.
That's rough man, prayers headed out. My dad passed at 48, brother at 45.

It's been a few spectacularly bad days. Thursday night one of the my coworkers passed away at 41. Easily one of the best people I've ever known. Left behind a young son and his wife.
Sorry to hear this. Sometimes life doesn’t make sense. My condolences.

Well, that was pretty much pointless. Made the 3 hour drive to the cabin, and there were wasps swarming everywhere. Drove back into a town, a 20 mile rounder, to buy wasp spray. Sprayed 5 cans at them, and it seemed like they were gone, but 5 minutes later they were back. A bunch inside the cabin as well. Said the hell with it, and just got back home, dammit. Had a bunch of photos planned too. This is the only time I've gone there and not snapped one photo.
Bring a couple of wasps traps back with you :thumbsup: they will work for days and will get all that didn't get sprayed :)

Bring a couple of wasps traps back with you :thumbsup: they will work for days and will get all that didn't get sprayed :)
Have used them before, but the problem is, most other bugs like it too, haha. We used one once, came back a few months later, and the smell was unbearable.

Have used them before, but the problem is, most other bugs like it too, haha. We used one once, came back a few months later, and the smell was unbearable.[/QUOTE
:p:p, Sorry Dubz I got my insects mixed up . I've only had issues with yellow jackets and I would highly recommend this trap for them :thumbsup::thumbsup: No noticed smell to humans when used .
IMG_4238.JPG
Easy to clean and reuse :D

My Yellow Jacket story. I had a nest of em that went unnoticed living in the tailgate of my truck :D I did see a few sitting on the bed sides but didn't think anything about it . Once I noticed what was going on I went and got wasp spray and sprayed the hell out of em I thought :p. The next day I saw a few so I drove down the freeway to hopefully find them a new place to call home . When I came home I was greeted by a swarm waiting for my truck . I was actually nervous to get out . Sprayed them again and used up what I had . Long story went back to get more spray and the trap . Put the trap in the tree next to my truck . Had to empty it a couple times but that took care of em :thumbsup:

I was setting up a horse shoe pit on the 4th of July. Drove a spike into a ground wasp pit. I woke up 4 hours later in the hospital. I'd gone into anaphylactic shock. Thankfully my wife stuck me with an epipen. I have a good woman or crappy life insurance

Last summer I parked my ride on mower on top of a yellow jacket nest while it was still running. Jumped off real quick to move a downed tree limb and got stung a bunch and took off running. The mower was sitting there swarmed with them still running. It was mid summer but I put a bunch of heavy clothes on and a mosquito net over my face and jumped on it. It was quite a sight!

All these stories make me glad I live in the city in the PNW, ground-nests are terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back