Snarking On A Tropical Becker Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good ol' Laphroaig is kicking in, haha. Love that stuff.

It's gonna be scraping 90F here today... a bit hot to ride (anything)... a bit hot to be in the shop doing anything... might have to tackle life-things in the "office". Meh.
Same here. Been trying to make myself go out and get yard work done this weekend, but the a/c is feeling a little too good, haha.

Snarking on a tropical island
fiJR2Y3.jpg
GhCklrq.jpg

I am glad that task is over. I looked like a boiled lobster just as I hit the shower.
I can see foundry work bein' all that it's cracked up to be in summer!
~~
On an arboreal note; I completely wussed out and put on work gloves to get back to pruning the Sequoia tree. Much improved production!
Side note; G. Sequoia's have been naturalized in a SoCal grove on the slopes of Mt. San Jacinto.
http://hikinginsocal.blogspot.com/2017/08/black-mountain-7772-and-black-mountain.html
7N5pbpk.jpg
vKodAAX.jpg

Last edited:
des Moines got hit with a good one this afternoon.
1" of rain in 40 minures and dropped the temp 20 degrees.

on the flip side, the heat index was 111 f (44c) at 3 and 114 (46) at 4 here - in the shade on the North side of the house.
(yes, I bailed out of work early today to let the dogs in)

naah - wife's bicycle stays here in Ks, where it's safe. ;)

OTOH, because it apparently wasn't hot enough out today, the neighbor called and asked if I could fire up the forge and help his kid out with making a couple of "hitching post" straps -- apparently the boy is rebuilding the historic 19th C jail in the town closest to us and needed a couple of straps to hold the top rail on the hitching post.

I fired up the forge and mostly told him where to hit - he cut the piece of steel we used in half, hammered it flat, and punched the holes.
then I bent them over the anvil horn and showed him how to blacken steel with beeswax as a finish.
took about 1/2 hour total, and was down to 106 out when we finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back