Snarking On A Tropical Becker Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
97 today, heat index of 111 -- so I spent an hour or so at lunch grilling burgers and all-beef dogs for the office picnic over an 8-burner propane grill.
after the first batch, I decided 4o burgers at a time was too many burgers once the grease started bubbling out.
scorched some hair off, but not too bad.

It was down right chilly today, only 98*. Great day for ironwork.

97 today, heat index of 111 -- so I spent an hour or so at lunch grilling burgers and all-beef dogs for the office picnic over an 8-burner propane grill.
after the first batch, I decided 4o burgers at a time was too many burgers once the grease started bubbling out.
scorched some hair off, but not too bad.

Stay cool gents! That’s heat stroke weather!

pouring like a mad fiend at the moment.
yesterday it got up to 98 with a RF of 111. at 11 PM, the RF finally dropped below 100.
today topped out at 84 at 11AM - then the clouds rolled in and the temps started slowly creeping down.
at 7PM it was 77 - when the rain started, currently it's 71.

Y'all should post where you are from with the temperature so I'll know how sorry to feel for you.

We're on the road this week, beating the heat by playing in the Buffalo National River and waiting for the cool front to come through.

Interesting...
SbzB0HT.jpg

yKf3PtT.jpg

Y'all should post where you are from with the temperature so I'll know how sorry to feel for you.

We're on the road this week, beating the heat by playing in the Buffalo National River and waiting for the cool front to come through.

American south west, SoCal in my case, the I.E., east of Lost Angels.
To loosely paraphrase the weather guy; "High pressure from the four corners area has moved west, combining with moisture during the evenings coming north from the Gulf of California has created a tropical heating effect...."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Monsoon

My BK62 just arrived! Excited to get out in the backyard and make a fire tonight and test her out. Been a while since I got a new Becker. This one is unlike any others with the wood, leather and nekkid blade...
Congrats man, it's a nice blade. :thumbsup:

My BK62 just arrived! Excited to get out in the backyard and make a fire tonight and test her out. Been a while since I got a new Becker. This one is unlike any others with the wood, leather and nekkid blade...
Congrats and enjoy :thumbsup: very cool blade :thumbsup::thumbsup:

see?
this is what happens when you talk about a new knife and don't include pictures -- you kill snark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back