Snarking On A Tropical Becker Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was 99 degress here 3 days ago! It's still freakin' hot out for us. I hear cooler weather is just around the bend for us though.

It got downright not-hot-as-the-sun for two days. The shock was too much to bear, I had to put on a long sleeve shirt. :confused:
I miss Hawaii!
You really have to watch the stars, and mind the sextant, because the next stop may be Tahiti.
qS662Gm.jpg

98 and counting...

yesterday it was 90 and humid.
the rain started just after 7 PM, stopped just after I got to work this morning and the sun came out, then the rain started back up as I was driving home.
currently it's 66 outside and 76 inside. :(

Finally on a cool down here. Been in the 90's, tomorrow's high is 73ยฐ. Hoping to head to the cabin this weekend, for the first time in a few months. Gonna install the stove, etc. Highs in the 70's, lows in the 50's. Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

y'all need to pick a thread to post in - this one or the stickied one -- don't leave them both to wither on the vine!

A while back I had a new job lined up. Then I told my old boss he could have two weeks. He gave me a reason to stay, so I did.
~

Tearing the roof off the old birdhouse in back. There used to be an above ground swimming pool there. The birdhouse used the same footprint. I rebuilt one half of the old roof years ago, now to finish the other half. I need room for a forge.

Tearing the roof off the old birdhouse in back. There used to be an above ground swimming pool there. The birdhouse used the same footprint. I rebuilt one half of the old roof years ago, now to finish the other half. I need room for a forge.
So like a giant birdhouse?

Just returned from the cabin. Rained all day today, but, I was still at the cabin, haha. Good day Saturday, had a lot of work to do, so little blade time.

Glad you got to the cabin Dubz!
So like a giant birdhouse?
Yes, we had birds for a long time. Cockatiels, a parrot, some finches for a while. I would rather have kept chickens, at least you get eggs.
And, since yesterday, my wrist and thumb have gone on strike. Too much mousing around, I don't need this pain. I got too much work to do. Cooking some beef ribs now.

spent most of the weekend in the truck it feels like.
drove up to Des Moines yesterday after the storms settled down - had dinner at the Exile Brewery followed by some downtown wandering.
this morning we went and hiked a chunk of Jester Park - got in a shade less than 4 miles in a shade over an hour -- then we went shopping.

thanks to all the missouri river flooding and bridges being out, what should have been a 4 hour, 250 mile drive hone became 6 hours and 350....

Glad you got to the cabin Dubz!

Yes, we had birds for a long time. Cockatiels, a parrot, some finches for a while. I would rather have kept chickens, at least you get eggs.
And, since yesterday, my wrist and thumb have gone on strike. Too much mousing around, I don't need this pain. I got too much work to do. Cooking some beef ribs now.

That fills in the picture. When I first read your previous post I imagined a single occupant, almost decorative size birdhouse. And that led me to think, "man that had to be a TINY pool."

Some days I'm more clueless than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back