Snarking Up The Wrong Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a Stihl 025 chainsaw with a decent bar and chain today for $65.
Good idle and high RPM. Could find absolutely nothing wrong with it.
I’m a little excited. :D
Nice! There's a cheap little Mini boss around here that is getting tempting.

Tried out the Kingsford Professional charcoal tonight. Noticeable difference to the positive for sure. Lit quick, burned even and hot. (Lasted...Long Time)(Say it like Full Metal Jacket)
I like how convenient my propane grill is, but I still have the hankering to find a Weber Kettle just to get my charcoal fix.

Propane is indeed convenient...
but you need wood or charcoal. Not only for the wonderful flavor, but it gives you time to get a few beers in before dinner. :D

I just sent my never been used Stihl MS 260 Pro back to the homestead to report for duty. I don't need more than a small electric saw here in SoCal. After their 200 year old walnut tree burnt and got cut down, and the new water main access road was cut in through the property, they got their hands full with choppin' duty. Months ago I also sent them a BK4 and a BK5. I think that will help tide them over some.
bHKxNvM.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JIqdRPF.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
b3zRLE6.jpg

Last edited:
Hell of a storm just rolled through, dayum.

Same here Gus. Mid 90's today, with a heat index of 110°, to 115°. We were going to go to the cabin this weekend, mostly to cut the weeds down, as we haven't been there in a few months, but, with these kind of temps, screw that.

add 10* to the daytime and 5* to the nighttime temps and you described the week I just had -- we're supposed to get a "cold front" tonight so tomorow's high will only be 88, not 98 -- but the storms that follow it will jack the humidity back up higher again.

Been a while since I bought a new knife. I couldn’t pass up this one. Fiddleback Forge Bushfinger in Bog Oak.

tD0ttDG.jpg

Rides nice in the Nixkustom sheath. :D

mt3NztE.jpg

Also handled this old Cruso. Turned out OK for my first time.

fkmS5sk.jpg

Last edited:
Same here Gus. Mid 90's today, with a heat index of 110°, to 115°. We were going to go to the cabin this weekend, mostly to cut the weeds down, as we haven't been there in a few months, but, with these kind of temps, screw that.

I hear ya. I was supposed to go to this new climbing area that we are developing about seven hours north of here, but the temps are not any better up that way. Throw in clouds of mosquitoes and black flies and I think staying home with the AC on high is the best option.

add 10* to the daytime and 5* to the nighttime temps and you described the week I just had -- we're supposed to get a "cold front" tonight so tomorow's high will only be 88, not 98 -- but the storms that follow it will jack the humidity back up higher again.

Yikes! That is warm. And yes, the humidity created by those storms is brutal. Are these typical conditions for your part of the country?

Been a while since I bought a new knife. I couldn’t pass up this one. Fiddleback Forge Bushfinger in Bog Oak.

tD0ttDG.jpg

Rides nice in the Nixkustom sheath. :D

mt3NztE.jpg

Also handled this old Cruso. Turned out OK for my first time.

fkmS5sk.jpg

That Bushfinger is gorgeous. And a very respectable hafting job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back