Snarking Up The Wrong Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a while since I bought a new knife. I couldn’t pass up this one. Fiddleback Forge Bushfinger in Bog Oak.

tD0ttDG.jpg

Rides nice in the Nixkustom sheath. :D

mt3NztE.jpg

Also handled this old Cruso. Turned out OK for my first time.

fkmS5sk.jpg

Nice and nice...

Yikes! That is warm. And yes, the humidity created by those storms is brutal. Are these typical conditions for your part of the country?
yes/no? these temps are more typical of late july/ early august -- not mid-june.
it's been warm/dry enough since mid-april that the hay harvest was done 2 weeks ago and it should have been starting this weekend.

Happy Canada Day to all the Canuckleheads on this board! And for everyone else, you can all be an honourary Canadian for the day. So jump on your moose, ride down to the local Timmies, hug a beaver, and pour some maple syrup on your poutine. It’s gonna get crazy up in here!

Happy Canada Day to all the Canuckleheads on this board! And for everyone else, you can all be an honourary Canadian for the day. So jump on your moose, ride down to the local Timmies, hug a beaver, and pour some maple syrup on your poutine. It’s gonna get crazy up in here!

Eh, beauty, way to go eh?

Been a while since I bought a new knife. I couldn’t pass up this one. Fiddleback Forge Bushfinger in Bog Oak.

tD0ttDG.jpg

Rides nice in the Nixkustom sheath. :D

mt3NztE.jpg

Also handled this old Cruso. Turned out OK for my first time.

fkmS5sk.jpg

I am a sucker for Bog Oak. Man, that is a beauty!

Hoping to go to the cabin this weekend. Haven't been there in 2 months. I'm sure the weeds are up past my knees.Supposedly a high of 82° Saturday, and 84° Sunday, and mild, aka no humidity. Looking forward to getting some work done, and of course, use the blades. Always gives me anxiety when I don't go there for awhile. Never know what to expect once you get there, even though nobody's ever messed with anything. Always like I left it.

Hoping to go to the cabin this weekend. Haven't been there in 2 months. I'm sure the weeds are up past my knees.Supposedly a high of 82° Saturday, and 84° Sunday, and mild, aka no humidity. Looking forward to getting some work done, and of course, use the blades. Always gives me anxiety when I don't go there for awhile. Never know what to expect once you get there, even though nobody's ever messed with anything. Always like I left it.
I'm glad your getting out Dubz. A weekend of good wholesome work is always satisfying. Enjoy Brother

I'm glad your getting out Dubz. A weekend of good wholesome work is always satisfying. Enjoy Brother
Thanks man, really looking forward to it. We were gonna go this past Saturday morning, for an overnighter, but the 96° heat, and high humidity changed my mind.

Going to try some pork ribs in the que tomorrow, before the big triple digit weekender. They say 111* by Saturday, yea.

firing up the smoker and the forge today.
currently eating bacon and drinking coffee.
I have been trying to nail down plans for a forge for far too long. First it was a brake drum, I picked up a hand blower, it got half started then I changed plans. Then it was a rectangular solid fuel burner, only got to paper sketches. Gas fuel crept into the equation then... what to do with these fire bricks and kaowool now? Too many projects going on all at once; and pork.
Happy 4th of July America!

YfiwLFU.jpg

Mystery rub mix turned out salty, ...
UnnMmMw.jpg

... almost too salty.
f7g9H0k.jpg

Everything else seems good, ... temps ok. Water tub in the smoker sprang a leak, time to get a new one.
v5lnzJG.jpg

I have been trying to nail down plans for a forge for far too long. First it was a brake drum, I picked up a hand blower, it got half started then I changed plans. Then it was a rectangular solid fuel burner, only got to paper sketches. Gas fuel crept into the equation then... what to do with these fire bricks and kaowool now? Too many projects going on all at once; and pork.
Happy 4th of July America!

my current forge is made from a 3 gallon "hammer tank" lined with kaowool and satanite -- with fire bricks laid in the bottom. (it needs the satanite renewed)
burner uses an .035 mig tip for the gas orifice feeding into a 1" pipe. 2"-1" reducer at the top for venturi and a slightly flared coupling at the bottom.
if you want a high efficiency gas forge, go to culverart.com and look at his jigs & fixtures page. (Steve is good folks)

What are you forging?
reworking the other half of that hoof rasp I snapped last year.
36671413_10156451974609603_2922211364975935488_n.jpg

Fun stuff!
I'm definitely looking forward to this weekend's forecast. Should be a nice break from the current conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back