Snarking Up The Wrong Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infuse it with some fresh fall apples, a vanilla bean, and half a cinnamon stick and you have one of the greatest fall beverages of all time. :thumbsup:
Sounds good to me.

Never had a yearning to travel outside the US, except perhaps to Scotland, where my family came from. Congrats though, sounds like you're having a great time.

She wasn't cracked anywhos, it was the tempered glass screen protector. ;) Actually, I blame it on the whiskey sour mix. Damn mix...

Longtime listener, longer time AFK, but...had to pop in and renew and make sure I committed to the Fall Northeast Gathering (tho technically, it'll be our first Summer gathering...). And then, I spy this. Sorry to start in without any chit-chat Dubz, but - if you are the Scotsman you claim, you'd better ken the spelling of "whisky". Truly, only whisky comes from Scotland. Also, I have family heritage from Kincardinshire - tho I think that's part of Aberdeen now.

Longtime listener, longer time AFK, but...had to pop in and renew and make sure I committed to the Fall Northeast Gathering (tho technically, it'll be our first Summer gathering...). And then, I spy this. Sorry to start in without any chit-chat Dubz, but - if you are the Scotsman you claim, you'd better ken the spelling of "whisky". Truly, only whisky comes from Scotland. Also, I have family heritage from Kincardinshire - tho I think that's part of Aberdeen now.
I know that the whiskey spelling is used in Ireland, and the US, with rebel exceptions from Maker's Mark, etc. From Uisge beatha, water of life. By law, Scotch whiskey can only come from Scotland, and bourbon from anywhere in the US, although it was from Bourbon County, KY.

BTW, good to see you back man. Cbear popped in a few days ago as well.

...and Scots whisky can only be spelled without the "e"...been sampling a few single malts as of late, tho I generally stick with the other malted adult beverage - beer. Digging the peatier whiskys - Laphroaig to be specific. I think it's the 10 year one I have. The McClelland's Islay is also pretty good.
Thanks for the welcome back. I always think I'm gonna make time to check in regularly....but then there's other stuff that takes my attention. Still, hope springs eternal. I know it's not just me, tho - I checked, and this Snark started in April....
I have been trying to bring a few more folks into the Beckerhead family, tho...

...and Scots whisky can only be spelled without the "e"...been sampling a few single malts as of late, tho I generally stick with the other malted adult beverage - beer. Digging the peatier whiskys - Laphroaig to be specific. I think it's the 10 year one I have. The McClelland's Islay is also pretty good.
Thanks for the welcome back. I always think I'm gonna make time to check in regularly....but then there's other stuff that takes my attention. Still, hope springs eternal. I know it's not just me, tho - I checked, and this Snark started in April....
I have been trying to bring a few more folks into the Beckerhead family, tho...
Right, no e from Scotland. My favorite Scotch. Love that smoky flavor:

If I can't drink booze, it should be banned from the country, if we banned boozed in this country every where and make every one as miserable as I get when I remember when I could drink, what could happen?

No I don't drink because I got religion, its because of the physiological effects it does.

It took them dang long enough to make near beer taste close to the real thing!

Editcus:
One thing I learned when I could drink, start out with one fine liquor and savor and enjoy it, after that your taste buds are trashed and any thing cheaper will taste about the same.

Last edited:
Hullo mates! I've been AFK for too long; due to work and life. Still loving my BK9 and my BK7 and I've got a BK13 on the way!

For the record, I don't drink because it would make me sick with the fermentation. Regardless, that's a nice bottle you've got there, The Warrior The Warrior !

xWAUN8y.jpg

Is that that Goldberg punk? He's lucky he's not here right now, or I'd have to kick his ass. :D

Goldberg and Lam are some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet. Real humble and down-to-earth folks just like you and I. Goldberg just snatched me up while walking and said that he wanted a picture with both of us Vietnamese M'fers! lol

Damn, you get on the show? Congrats man!

Yep!

Sweet, we’ll be cheering for ya. At least we know from the pic you didn’t miss on a swing and lop your hand off...:D

91bravo 91bravo , that’s awesome, bro! I hope you crushed it. I know you probably can’t tell us, but, any clue as to what blade you used? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back